Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Bs2SX Alarm System. — Parallax Forums

Bs2SX Alarm System.

J. H. RollinsJ. H. Rollins Posts: 9
edited 2005-06-25 00:27 in BASIC Stamp
Hello Stamp Programmers:

I Could use some help on a 6 Channel Alarm System that i am working on. The system is comprised of a BS2SX Stamp,Time clock, and Keypad.· Here is a brief outline on the operation.

The clock triggers the Program every 500 ms and the information is displayed as follows:

······ Date______·· Time_____···· Channel______ %111111

When the alarm is triggered, it reads as follows:

······ Date 6/14/05 Time 08:33:00 Channel······ %111110

This information is input on the upper eight I/O pins (Command INH), stored in EEPROM.· What I would like the rogram to do is display the information in this format:

······ Date_____···· Time_____···· Location_______Channel_______

······ Date 06/14/05 Time 08:33:00 Downstairs···· Channel 5

I have been unable to program the system to accomplish this task and would very much appreciate any help you can give me. I have tried to program each Channel for 1 or 0 BIN1. This works for only one Channel. I have not been able to program the other five channels for 1 or 0. The problem is when all the switches are scanned every 500 ms for 1 or 0, I am unable to seperate the binary bit for each Channel.
It looks like the six bits could logically be "and" with each Channel for proper identification but i have not been able to accomplish this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
J H Rollins.

Post Edited By Moderator (Jon Williams (Parallax)) : 6/25/2005 12:26:42 AM GMT

Comments

• Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2005-06-25 00:27
    If you attache your current program to the question it would be easier to assist.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax