Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
BASIC Stamp Editor - command line interface? — Parallax Forums

BASIC Stamp Editor - command line interface?

Dave TDave T Posts: 10
edited 2005-06-23 18:10 in BASIC Stamp
I would like to invoke the BASIC Stamp Editor load function from the command line rather than by clicking on the menu or using a hot key. Is this possible? For example, in a program such as Notepad it is possible to type this:
C:\notepad file.txt
on the command line and get the file opened immediately without having to first start up notepad, then choose a command to execure to open the file.
Thanks for any suggestions, Dave

Comments

• Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2005-06-23 16:45
    Interesting that you're using the command line to invoke a Windows program like Notepad. I tried it, though, and it works with the BASIC Stamp editor (I'm running version 2.2) -- you simply have to have the BASIC Stamp files associated with it (you can do that from the Preferences menu).

Note that the BASIC Stamp editor actually allows "silent" command line control; you can even load, compile, and download a program without the full editor opening.· In the downloads section of our web site (www.parallax.com) you can find information on invoking command line switches for the editor.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax
  • Dave TDave T Posts: 10
    edited 2005-06-23 18:10
    Jon, Thank you very much! I just downloaded that document and will read through it. This will help a lot, Dave