Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
HomeWork Board fried ? — Parallax Forums

HomeWork Board fried ?

terrymrterrymr Posts: 19
edited 2005-06-28 06:21 in BASIC Stamp
I just received the "What's a microcontroller" kit today which comes with the BS2 HomeWork Board.·· I hooked it up with a brand new duracell 9v and nothing is happening, the power light doesn't come on and the PBasic editor doesn't detect it, it shows the echo & loopback but doesn't identify the board.

I'm running windows 2000, I turned the FIFO's off as suggested in another thred.··· What now ?
·

Comments

• KenMKenM Posts: 657
    edited 2005-06-22 13:47
    I know you have a brand new battery. Assume nothing and start with the basics.
    My suggestion is to check the voltage on the homework board with the battery connected. The voltage should·read at least· 7 volts, and if the battery is in good shape, even higher.
    terrymr said...
    ·I hooked it up with a brand new duracell 9v and nothing is happening, the power light doesn't come on
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2005-06-22 14:46
    Hello,

·· Definately try another battery...The green LED should come on as soon as the battery is plugged in.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
  • terrymrterrymr Posts: 19
    edited 2005-06-22 16:15
    I tried another new battery, from a different package with the same result. It's still not showing a power led and not being detected by the software.
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2005-06-22 16:19
    Hello,

·· Please contact Tech Support at 1-888-997-8267 between 7A-5P Pacific Time.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
    edited 2005-06-22 19:58
    Just to follow up on this one. Jim in tech support is arranging for a replacement to be shipped to me. It looks like there's a problem with the board/microcontroller, especially as applying light pressure to the chip package makes the light come on, although it's still not seen by the programming software.
    edited 2005-06-28 04:28
    I received the new board today.· It works great.·
  • Philip GamblinPhilip Gamblin Posts: 202
    edited 2005-06-28 06:21
    You just gotta love Parallax support!!