Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Stamp not echoing/loopback — Parallax Forums

Stamp not echoing/loopback

BlueBlue Posts: 4
edited 2005-06-19 04:07 in BASIC Stamp
Hi all, I'm new to all of this so I'm not even sure if this is the right·forum forum for this, if not could a mod please move it.· My stamp does not echo or loopback when I do the Indetify command or Run Command from Basic Stamp Editor v2.2.· My computers are 2 desktops and 1 laptop running Windows XP.· The interface between the computers and the stamp is USB.· I've tried setting the board to 0, 1, and 2, same thing.· I've tried turning FIFO on and off, same thing.· I hope that's enough information, if anyone needs more just ask.· Thanks all

Comments

• dandreaedandreae Posts: 1,375
    edited 2005-06-18 20:03
    Hello,

Did you download the drivers for the USB?· What brand is your USB cable?· Not all USB to serial adapters will with the BASIC Stamps.

Dave

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Dave Andreae

Tech Support
    dandreae@parallax.com
    [noparse][[/noparse]url]Http://www.parallax.com[noparse][[/noparse]/url]

·
  • BlueBlue Posts: 4
    edited 2005-06-18 23:39
    The USB Cable is the one that came with the kit. There is no USB to serial adapter, I got the USB version of the kit so everything is USB. Thanks
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2005-06-18 23:41
    Blue,

·· The USB version of the BOE still requires the USB Driver to be installed before you can communicate with the Stamp.· Did you install this driver?· You should've been prompted to do so when you first plugged the device into the computer.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
    edited 2005-06-19 00:13
    Thanks guys, I got the driver installed and there is an echo now, but still no loopback, will this be a problem? Thanks again
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2005-06-19 01:09
    Is the Stamp detected now?· That is, does the Stamp IDE return a type and ID now?· If so, you're all set.· If not, let us know.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
    edited 2005-06-19 04:07
    All is good now, everything works perfectly, thanks guys