Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Basic Stamp & Robosapien — Parallax Forums

Basic Stamp & Robosapien

BrianmcmBrianmcm Posts: 33
edited 2005-06-19 21:11 in Robotics
I recently purchased a Robosapien with the intent of duing some experimenting with it. As you know the Robosapien is IR controlled and according to some information found on one of many Robosapien websites the IR carrier is 39.2kHz with the data modulated using a space coded signal with 8 data bits, (data clock is 1200hz). Can the BS2p24 be·set up·to transmit this same IR carrier; using a 555 timer and IR·LED or other devices?
Any·information would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks·

Comments

• inakiinaki Posts: 262
    edited 2005-06-18 21:53
    Yes. I did this some time ago with the Robosapien. I used a 555 and a PIC, not a Basic Stamp, but I cannot se any problem with using a BS instead. It is a matter to modulate the carrier with any OUTPUT pin. Note that you don't need the BS to generate the carrier, you only modulate the signal with it. Generating the carrier without the 555 should be possible too although it is not as easy.
  • Ryan ClarkeRyan Clarke Posts: 738
    edited 2005-06-19 21:11
    Brianmcm,

There are a number of great resources on the web dealing with Robosapien hacking....it is actually possible to connect directly into the control systems of the sapien -

Have you seen the Robosapien II that is soon to be released? There will also be a robo dinosaur...

Here is a great site for the internals on the Robosapien:

http://homepages.strath.ac.uk/~lau01246/robot/hackrobos.shtml

Ryan