Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
TEP Window software (compiler and downloader) for BS1/2 — Parallax Forums

TEP Window software (compiler and downloader) for BS1/2

microparmicropar Posts: 5
edited 2005-06-14 18:54 in BASIC Stamp
hi all,

I am looking out for TEP window software available some time back at URL: http://www.tep.org.uk/stamp.htm
which was compiler and downloader for BS1 or BS2 on W3.1/W95/W98/Windows NT/2000.

Can any one help?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,
--micropar-- roll.gif

Comments

• dandreaedandreae Posts: 1,375
    edited 2005-06-13 18:05
    I'm not familiar with the TEP software.· However our latest BASIC Stamp editor version 2.2 will allow you to program both the BS1 and BS2.· We have a BS1 serial adapter for $4.95 that allows you to use the serial port with the BS1.

Dave

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Dave Andreae

Tech Support
    dandreae@parallax.com
    [noparse][[/noparse]url]Http://www.parallax.com[noparse][[/noparse]/url]

·
  • microparmicropar Posts: 5
    edited 2005-06-13 18:41
    Hi Dave,

Thanks for reply.

I have got couple of 10 years old BS1 modules. Unfortunately your new software 2.2 is not working with these modules in serial mode. Your DOS version works perfactly well with these old, antique, still ticking modules in Parallel mode. But for that, I have to used my old PC/DOS computer, a real bottleneck.

What could be the problem? I will be glad if you suggest any solution.

Few years ago, I had used this TEP software, even under Windows NT/2000, with MAX232 serial to parallel convetor similar to one provided in 2.2 help file. Sadly, I lost these software in Hard Disk crash, without backup.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,
    --micropar--
    edited 2005-06-13 18:47
    What type of package are your BS1s in, are they SIP or REV D?· The reason I ask is, that I would like to test it here.

Dave

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Dave Andreae

Tech Support
    dandreae@parallax.com

·
    edited 2005-06-13 18:56
    Hi Dave,

B1s are in SIP form. Although, I am not aware of REV D or its differance with original earlier versions or when did it gets revised.

Regards,
    edited 2005-06-13 19:38
    Is there is there a REV letter on the back or front?

Dave

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Dave Andreae

Tech Support
    dandreae@parallax.com

·
  • Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2005-06-13 23:57
    That's a bit of a mystery ... I, too, have a couple 10+ year old BS1 modules and they work perfectly with the new editor and the BS1 Serial Adapter.· Are you using a genuine Parallax serial adapter for the BS1?· Not all serial ports are alike, and our engineers worked very hard to make our adapter work with a wide variety of PCs that had once been problematic.

And, in the "for what it's worth" department ... the BS1 has always been programmed serially (@ 4800 baud).· The reason we used the printer port in the DOS software is that it outputs TTL levels, so no level conversion circuitry was required on the BASIC Stamp.
    micropar said...
    Hi Dave,

Thanks for reply.

I have got couple of 10 years old BS1 modules. Unfortunately your new software 2.2 is not working with these modules in serial mode. Your DOS version works perfactly well with these old, antique, still ticking modules in Parallel mode. But for that, I have to used my old PC/DOS computer, a real bottleneck.

What could be the problem? I will be glad if you suggest any solution.

Few years ago, I had used this TEP software, even under Windows NT/2000, with MAX232 serial to parallel convetor similar to one provided in 2.2 help file. Sadly, I lost these software in Hard Disk crash, without backup.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,
    --micropar--
    ▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax
    edited 2005-06-14 18:54
    Hi Dave and Jon,

Finally, I got TEP software from some anonymous guy. He didn't disclosed his identity as our all communications are from Parallax official forum and he feared of legal complexities. I wondered how he got my direct e-mail address.

Once again, all those old BS1 modules started working well, even with serial port on Win98. I suppose these modules are working at 2400 BPS, may be the reason for your current version of software failure, since it is working on 4800 BPS, as Jon said.

I am using MAX232 version of serial adapter developed much before your official version of discrete transistorized circuit announced. Only difference is my circuit requires +5v power while your works on drawing power from DTR and RTS lines.

Thanking you all, for nice support and for taking keen interest in Basic Stamp's problems solving.

With best regards,
    --micropar-- jumpin.gif