Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
DOA Stamp, any hope? — Parallax Forums

DOA Stamp, any hope?

Don LeuenbergerDon Leuenberger Posts: 9
edited 2005-06-11 17:37 in BASIC Stamp
I just recieved the two boebots that I ordered from Ebay. One has a stamp that won't boot (No Stamp Detected). I've swapped stamps and carrier boards between the two and am convinced it is in fact the stamp that is bad. Also I measured some voltages on the pins and am not seeing +5 on the reset pin. Is there any hope for this stamp to ever come back to life? Any white wire trick or 4 leaf clover or anything? I realize these units were sold "As Is" but kind of thought that the statement that all the pins were tested meant that the stamp itself would work. I'm bit disappointed cry.gif

Don Leuenberger

Comments

• dandreaedandreae Posts: 1,375
    edited 2005-06-08 21:19
    Hello,

Please contact tech support at 1-888-997-8267 and ask for Dave Andreae.·

Regards,

Dave

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Dave Andreae

Tech Support
    dandreae@parallax.com
    www.parallax.com

·
  • Don LeuenbergerDon Leuenberger Posts: 9
    edited 2005-06-08 21:27
    Wow! That was fast. Problem solved. If anyone ever doubts Parallax commitment to their products, just talk to me.

Don Leuenberger
  • alphawolffalphawolff Posts: 3
    edited 2005-06-09 18:09
    Care to share what was the problem? I have two BS2's that I haven't used in about 2 years. They appear to be DOA as well (No stamp detected). I would love to revive them.
    edited 2005-06-09 18:17
    There are some voltages that you can measure to see if your stamps are damaged.

Sout = -5v

Sin = -10v

Res = +5v

Vdd = +5v

The voltages here should be referenced to Vss.· The two stamps that you received·DOA that you mentioned, are you able to program other stamps in the same board and PC?

Dave

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Dave Andreae

Tech Support
    dandreae@parallax.com
    www.parallax.com

·
    edited 2005-06-09 23:27
    These are the only two I have.

All voltages are within range less one

sout = 3.7 v
    sin = - 10 v
    rst = + 5 v
    vdd = + 5
    edited 2005-06-09 23:44
    If you are receiving a positive 3.7v on Sout then that is most likely the issue.· Do you have PDA or Palm Pilot on your machine?· Is your PC a desk top or laptop?· If it is a laptop make sure to turn off the infrared port if it has one.· Are you going through a straight serial port?· What type of board are you using to program them?

Dave

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Dave Andreae

Tech Support
    dandreae@parallax.com
    [noparse][[/noparse]url]Http://www.parallax.com[noparse][[/noparse]/url]

·
  • Don LeuenbergerDon Leuenberger Posts: 9
    edited 2005-06-10 18:44
    The problem my stamp had was there was no +5v on the Res pin. Parallax is sending me a new BS2. The ebay auction states the items are sold "as is" but Dave explained that Parallax still expect major components to be in the package and working. That should make anyone thinking about buying from the ebay auction feel comfortable in their purchase. Thanks again Dave!

Don Leuenberger
    edited 2005-06-11 17:37
    The PC has two serial ports. I switched to the other port and it seems to be working fine. Thanks for your help