Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Protective cover for the Basic stamps... — Parallax Forums

Protective cover for the Basic stamps...

denodeno Posts: 242
edited 2005-06-08 18:53 in BASIC Stamp
Hello fellow stampers...

Parallax markets alot of nice stuff for us stampers.· However, one thing is missing form their inventory of products.

Wouldn't it be a nice thing to have a protective cover to prevent accidental shorting out of pins when troubleshooting inputs and outputs on the stamp.· Maybe just a clear cover, with small holes in the cover located over each pin to allow the test probe (meter or scope) to just touch that pin and only that pin. This clear plastic cover·would/could just·snap in place over the stamp and live there.

These wouldn't be that expensive, and I know I would buy one for every stamp I have running. (Cheaper by the dozen)

If heat dissipation is a concern...then perhaps a larger rectangler slot down the center of the cover to allow heat to rise out...just a thought.

Maybe someone at Parallax will see this and think it is a good idea.

Happy stamping...Deno

Comments

• dandreaedandreae Posts: 1,375
    edited 2005-06-08 14:41
    Most of Parallax's development boards have an appmod header or a header strip that has each I/O pin available for testing using a jumper wire, along with Vin, Vdd, and Vss.

Dave

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Dave Andreae

Tech Support
    dandreae@parallax.com
    www.parallax.com

·
  • DannyDanny Posts: 56
    edited 2005-06-08 15:48
    But on the same note, how about a plastic housing to fit the PROP1, and Super Carrier board for those of us using them in production pieces?
    I know you guys are listening!
    And BTW, thanx for all the help your people provide on this forum!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    "Never create anything you can't control"
    "The amount of intelligence on the planet is fixed... the population is growing"
  • dandreaedandreae Posts: 1,375
    edited 2005-06-08 16:11
    That's great idea, unfortunately it's nearly impossible to fit everyone's needs.· However, your local plastic shop should be able to supply you with the material to design a custom cover or box.·

Dave

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Dave Andreae

Tech Support
    dandreae@parallax.com
    www.parallax.com

·
  • menehune1menehune1 Posts: 20
    edited 2005-06-08 18:53
    To protect the few units I've actually put into production and given away, I've just used some of those cheapy plastic project boxes from Radio Shack, Jameco, Mouser or others. The metal base allows me to drill holes to mount the carrier board and plastic feet and I just mount switches and indicators to the plastic case. Easy mounting, just use a hobby knife to make a hole.
    Some of the larger project boxes even allow me to print out the source code, stick the page into a zip-top bag and leave the code with the project so if/when a project comes back for modifications/repair, I have the exact code that's loaded in the BS2.