Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
No Basic Stamps Found Error — Parallax Forums

No Basic Stamps Found Error

sdg0919sdg0919 Posts: 2
edited 2005-06-05 08:32 in BASIC Stamp
Hi All,

I just picked up the BoeBot Basic Stamps Kit. Originally when I began assembling the project (starting with the insterting the LED's etc. in the intro part of the manual) everything worked. I could identify the board, change the program, everything just worked.

Suddenly the board stopped working when I got to the point of installing the servo's. Suddenly I get the error, "No BASIC Stamps Found". I looked through manual and followed the troubleshooting section checking and unchecking the Use FIFO checkbox in device manager (Windows XP Pro). I tried reinserting the BS2. Rebooted the computer (several times). And then tried Googling for any other suggestions.

After exchanging the product at the store. I set up the basic configuration and tried to identify the new board. Same error. I moved the whole setup to a different machine. Same issue.

At this point I'm at a loss. The tech support is closed until Monday but I was hoping to work on this over the weekend as a fun project. Otherwise I'll just return it and find something else to do.

I'm using Windows XP Pro, Basic Stamp Editor 2.2. Tried on one Laptop (Compaq Presario 2100) and one Desktop (also a Compaq).

Does anyone have any ideas of what else to try? Like I said, it worked, and then just suddenly stopped.

Thanks in advance,

Dave

Comments

• ellizardellizard Posts: 106
    edited 2005-06-05 00:10
    HI sdg0919

try to disconnect the servo and do identify, if the editor answer is still, no basic stamp,

take a measurement of the 5 volts betwen Vdd and Vss, it should stay betwen 4,9 and 5,1 if even this is negative, may be you did something wrong with the connections and fried the stamp or the board?

DO NOT DISCOURAGE, YOU'RE NOT ALONE, IT HAPPENED TO ME TOO.

regards
  • sdg0919sdg0919 Posts: 2
    edited 2005-06-05 00:30
    Hi Ellizard,

Good call!! The voltage was around 4. I put in new batteries and everything is working again. I was so excited to get going with this I grabbed batteries out of the remotes, not thinking... That's what I get, I guess.

Alright back to the project.

Thanks again,

Dave
  • ellizardellizard Posts: 106
    edited 2005-06-05 08:32
    I'm happy my experience of this kind of trouble helped you too
    Anyway a thought, use a power supply instead of batteries, it is more friendly with the environment, and unless there is a blackout in the supply, it is far more difficult to get involved in such frustrating hours spent to guess "wich damn mess I've done?"

Stefano

Post Edited (ellizard) : 6/5/2005 8:36:28 AM GMT