Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
bs1 timer — Parallax Forums

bs1 timer

JPrice5503JPrice5503 Posts: 5
edited 2005-06-05 02:29 in BASIC Stamp
does anyone know how i could use this timer module to count down 1 minute for the setup cycle in one of my halloween props i want the stamp controller to know when the timer is up and when to set the timer again for the set up time.

2620-sm.gif

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
parallax4bg.jpg

Post Edited (JPrice5503) : 6/4/2005 1:36:38 AM GMT

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2005-06-04 05:30
    Hello,

·· Without any information on the timer, specifically model number and connections, we wouldn't be able to even guess how to interface to it.· Please provide more details on the timer.· Include it's operating voltage too please.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
  • JPrice5503JPrice5503 Posts: 5
    edited 2005-06-04 19:53
    Here is the information the company has on the timer

Main Power: 120VAC / 60Hz
    Inputs: Count, Preset, Reset
    Input level: 24 Volts or 120Volts, AC or DC
    Digits: Uses 7-segment configuration
    Std Color: High Efficiency Red
    LED Life: 100,000 Hours typical
    Enclosure: Industrial NEMA-12, 16ga. steel
    Configuration: Available in 4-Digit configuration only
    Relay Output: Yes, activated after attaining Preset, or Reset (jumper selected)

if you dont think that this timer will work then please tell me where i can get another timer that will work with the bs1

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    parallax4bg.jpg
  • Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2005-06-04 20:03
    If it has a dry-contact relay output then yes, you can use it with the BASIC Stamp.

That said, why do you want to use an external timer when you can code one in your program? Or do you actually need the display that the timer provides?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax
  • JPrice5503JPrice5503 Posts: 5
    edited 2005-06-05 01:59
    i just think that it would be nice to know when the prop can be ready to go for another cycle. i allready know how to have a ready led light but if people are coming through then i know if its going to be ready by the time they are next to it... and yes it says it does have the dry-contact relay output... how should i write the code for it to work.

thanks

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    parallax4bg.jpg
  • Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2005-06-05 02:29
    There are a number of ways you can do it.· The easiest, I think, would be to put the relay contacts in place of the button in the attached schematic.· in your. If you were using P7 as your input, you could do something like this to wait on the contact closure:

SYMBOL Trigger = PIN7

Main:
    · IF Trigger = 1 THEN Main

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax
    290 x 284 - 10K