Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
WinWedge — Parallax Forums

WinWedge

bhaanbhaan Posts: 37
edited 2005-06-04 16:48 in BASIC Stamp
Does anyone have any experience using Winwedge or similar software to communicate with a BS2? I would like to be able to send and receive data from a BS2. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Brian

Comments

• Tracy AllenTracy Allen Posts: 6,658
    edited 2005-06-04 16:13
    What kind of data do you want to communicate? You might be able to do what you want with hyperterminal (free on every PC), or stampDAQ (bring data directly into Excel, free from the Parallax downloads page), or StampPlot (graphics & more on the PC from Stamp projects, also on the Parallax downloads page.)

WinWedge is a relatively expensive package, but earlier versions I've use worked flawlessly. It has been around forever.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Tracy Allen
    www.emesystems.com
  • bhaanbhaan Posts: 37
    edited 2005-06-04 16:29
    Well, what I am doing is trying to make a temperature controller. The set temperature changes, so what I am trying to do is send the stamp a four digit number about every 5 seconds, the stamp will use this four digit number and then send back to the computer at least four numbers which it gets from different sensors. I am not set on using winwedge, I do know how to program in Visual Basic.net, however I am not an advanced programmer. I don't know anything about using hyperterminal, but I may look into that too.

Thanks,
    Brian
  • bhaanbhaan Posts: 37
    edited 2005-06-04 16:48
    If I use StampDAQ, can I send data to the stamp as well?

Thanks,
    Brian