Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
RFID with a BS2pe — Parallax Forums

RFID with a BS2pe

NewzedNewzed Posts: 2,503
edited 2005-05-27 12:35 in Robotics
This is a followup to the BSE/EEPROM project I posted a few days ago.

This project uses a BS2pe and stores all records in the on-chip EEPROM slots 8 to 14.· Slot 15 is reserved by the program.· Each slot has 2048 bytes of storage which will hold 170 12-byte records.· This gives you a total record storage of 170 x 14 = 2380 records.· The attached sample program uses only slot 8, giving you storage space for 170 records, which should be adequate.· The program can easily be expanded to use more slots if you need them.

I did not include the Remote Operation in this program, but I am sure you will be able to add it if needed.· I·did add·one small feature - Menu option L.· This option lets you scan a tag without putting it in storage.·· It was designed to let you become familiar with the Reader operation before you start scanning records for storage.

The Program Notes are full of explanations, but should you need help please post your question to this thread.

Happy RFIDingtongue.gif

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Sid Weaver
Need a bezel for your LCD?

Newzed@aol.com

Comments

• NewzedNewzed Posts: 2,503
    edited 2005-05-27 12:35
    Here is a revision to the code I posted yesterday that really streamlines things - I should have thought of it when I wrote the program.

I deleted the D option in the menu and the code definitions at the bottom of slot 0.· Now, when you execute the Search routine, the screen displays the tag ID, then searches for the Device code and displays all the information contained in the code definition.· Definitions are now located at the bottom of slot 1, beginning with Line 126.

Since the RFID Reader will be a permanent fixture on my desk, I have ordered a Super Carrier board for it.· At $19.00, you can't even get a comparable bare board for that price, much less one with all the parts on it.· I'll hardwire the LEDs and the Reader connector and dedicate it to RFID.··I can always remove the BS2pe for another project, then restore it.

Have fun!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Sid Weaver
    Need a bezel for your LCD?

Newzed@aol.com