Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
I'm Still alive! — Parallax Forums

I'm Still alive!

The_N3rdThe_N3rd Posts: 34
edited 2005-06-02 20:28 in BASIC Stamp
Hello everyone, Its Kelie again.
I'm sorry that I haven’t been able to post at all. I've been so busy at school with track, projects, and homework. But fortunately, there is only about a week of school left. I have, however, worked with my boe-bot some. I'm sure that during the summer I'll have a lot more time to for this stuff.
At home, I am grounded from the computer (the only one with internet access), so I probably won’t be able to reply for a while. Right now I am at school in computer class, and we have a substitute that is giving us some free time, so I thought that I would everyone know that I’m still alive.
If anyone remembers from my last post, I wanted to control electric motors with the basic stamp. That turned out to be a very simple task, but I couldn’t build an H-bridge that would work. (I think I know what the problem was)
I was wondering if anyone had any neat ideas what I could do with my boe-bot in any free time.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
the NERD, Kelie B.

·· =*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=

· "The current scenario of the origin of life is about as likely as the assemblage of a 747 by a tornado whirling through a junkyard."

Comments

• The_N3rdThe_N3rd Posts: 34
    edited 2005-06-01 12:55
    There is only two more days of school left, and I have had no homework or studying to do lately, so I have had plenty of time to play with my stamp. I am thinking about making an apparatus that uses two servos that can draw like an etch-a-sketch, or write in cursive.

Talk Later

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    the NERD, Kelie B.

· "The current scenario of the origin of life is about as likely as the assemblage of a 747 by a tornado whirling through a junkyard."
  • Ryan ClarkeRyan Clarke Posts: 738
    edited 2005-06-01 18:59
    That could be done, but if you need/want more precise movements you'll need stepper motors....(or at the very least expensive digital servos w/ feedback)-

You *can* do what you are talking about with just regular servos, but it won't be very precise.

I ran track when I was in school. Cross country too...

Ryan
    edited 2005-06-02 13:34
    I have some stepper motors, but they are farily large 12 volt motors. I'm not shure if they are bipolar or unipolar though.

I also run track and cross country.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    the NERD, Kelie B.

• Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2005-06-02 13:58
    Bipolar motors will have four wires; unipolar will have five or six.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax
  • Ryan ClarkeRyan Clarke Posts: 738
    edited 2005-06-02 16:47
    Don't you find it interesting that a 'certain type of person' tends to be involved in Track/Cross Country? Take a look at the GPA average for the Cross Country team (vs other sports).

Ryan
    edited 2005-06-02 20:28
    ···· That sounds intresting.· Where would I go about finding GPAs?· I think I'll go do some research!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    the NERD, Kelie B.