Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Centering Servo's — Parallax Forums

Centering Servo's

Jayguy5000Jayguy5000 Posts: 139
edited 2005-05-25 22:43 in BASIC Stamp
I am having a bit of trouble centering my servo's. when i make the pulse width 650 and 850 for the two servo's the boe bot doesn't go straight but it veers off. so i tried changing hte numbers and finally after a drastic change of 705 (and 850 or vice versa for the other side) did i acheive a straight line. i did center them at 750 with the potentiometer so they didn't move. I also got a third servo and tried swapping all three in different sides and always have the same outcome. what should i do?
~Jeremy

Post Edited (Jayguy5000) : 5/25/2005 10:43:11 PM GMT

Comments

• Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2005-05-25 22:42
    What I recommend doing is writing a simple program that will call a loop 10 times, and each time through that loop will move the BOE-Bot about a foot. Then, adjust your servo values so that the BOE-Bot will go straight over the 10 foot run. There will be mechanical differences in the servo gears and the wheels that necessitate the adjustment, but once adjusted over a long run, short runs are no problem.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax
  • dandreaedandreae Posts: 1,375
    edited 2005-05-25 22:43
    It's hard to find a matching pair of servos that don't need to be corrected in software.· If you feel that they are way out of sync please contact Parallx's tech support at support@parallax.com or at 1-888-997-8267 and we will correct the problem.· Make sure to go over the centering section of the Robotics' text again and try·to adjust the servos just to make sure that it didn't fall out of sync.

Dave

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Dave Andreae

Tech Support
    dandreae@parallax.com
    www.parallax.com

·