Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
First Post! (Question: Air Pressure Sensor) — Parallax Forums

First Post! (Question: Air Pressure Sensor)

jblavenjblaven Posts: 36
edited 2005-05-23 01:24 in BASIC Stamp
Hey Guys,

Man, I think I am hooked!· Every morning, I think I have another idea on how to use the Basic Stamp.· It doesn't mean I actually understand how to make my ideas work.·eyes.gif

I would like to know where to find an air pressure sensor that will work with the Basic Stamp.· I would like to compare "Positive" and "Negative" pressure of two areas.

Any ideas or suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Joe

Comments

• KenMKenM Posts: 657
    edited 2005-05-23 00:20
    What range of pressure do you want to compare?

K
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2005-05-23 01:05
    Hello,

·· Depending on the amount of pressure you want to measure, you could try the PRGPAL.· A link is posted to the product page on our website where you can view the manual and determine if this is a viable solution for you.

http://www.parallax.com/detail.asp?product_id=28025

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
  • jblavenjblaven Posts: 36
    edited 2005-05-23 01:19
    KenM said...
    What range of pressure do you want to compare?

K
    Whatever the atmosphere pressure is at sea level.· Nothing like a tire under XXX PSI...· Just the difference between two rooms.

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks,

Joe
  • jblavenjblaven Posts: 36
    edited 2005-05-23 01:24
    Chris Savage (Parallax) said...
    Hello,

·· Depending on the amount of pressure you want to measure, you could try the PRGPAL.· A link is posted to the product page on our website where you can view the manual and determine if this is a viable solution for you.

http://www.parallax.com/detail.asp?product_id=28025

Thanks Chris!

I will have to read the PDFs to see if it will work for me.· I·looking to read the pressure of one area, and compare it to another.· I guess you could say one reading would be relative to the other.· If it will tell me which one is under more pressure, then it should work.·

I don't need an exact reading, just the ability to compare and say Area 1 is under more/less (positive/negative) pressure as compared to Area 2.

Thanks again,

Joe