Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
PSCusb Problems — Parallax Forums

PSCusb Problems

IRobot2IRobot2 Posts: 164
edited 2005-05-22 22:35 in BASIC Stamp
Hello,
·
I am having trouble connecting a PSCusb to my Stamp2px. I am not quite sure what I am doing wrong. I can connect the PSCusb to my computer and control the servos just fine. But when connecting serially to Pin 15 of my S2px I get power and such on my PSCusb, but I am unable to control any thing. The code that I am using was taken out of the original PSC manual (RevB, ver2.2, page 5). I have not been able to find code for the PSCusb to control it with a stamp, so I just figured it would be the same as the original PSC. Am I correct, or will this only work with USB connections?
·
Thanks for your help!
·
Alex Burke
·

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2005-05-22 22:18
    Alex,

·· The USB version of the PSC does work exactly the same as the original when connected to a Stamp Module.· The difference is that some Stamp Modules use different timing parameters for some commands.· This includes SERIN & SEROUT which are used to talk to the PSC.· Please see the Help File built into the Stamp Editor for the correct baud rate parameters.· The BS2 uses a different baud rate value than the BS2px.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
  • IRobot2IRobot2 Posts: 164
    edited 2005-05-22 22:35
    Chris,

Thanks for the tip. It works great now. I can not believe it was somthing that simple. I guess sometimes you can not see the forrest for all the trees.

Thanks again,

Alex Burke