Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
any good shop in NJ area for robotics parts — Parallax Forums

any good shop in NJ area for robotics parts

mohitmohit Posts: 1
edited 2005-05-23 14:19 in BASIC Stamp
does anybody knows·any good·place to·buy electrical/electrical parts for robotics·in New Jersey area

Comments

• ForrestForrest Posts: 1,341
    edited 2005-05-21 18:10
    There are a few Parallax consultants in PA www.parallax.com/html_pages/tech/support/authorized_consultants.asp

This place looks interesting, but I've never been there www.robodyssey.com/index.htm

Post Edited (Forrest) : 5/21/2005 6:14:54 PM GMT
  • Steve JoblinSteve Joblin Posts: 784
    edited 2005-05-21 19:35
    Have you ever been to Edmunds Scientific Company?· Very cool place.· Are you in North or South Jersey?
  • ForrestForrest Posts: 1,341
    edited 2005-05-21 21:08
    I'm sorry to say Edmund Scientific in Barrington, NJ closed up a few years ago. It was an interesting place to visit - I bought a telescope there a few years ago. A New York company bought the name in 2001 www.scientificsonline.com/
  • Steve JoblinSteve Joblin Posts: 784
    edited 2005-05-22 15:18
    I didn't know they closed up... I was there when I was a little boy (probably about 30 years ago). I just remembered that Electronix Express (a division of RSR Electronics) is located in Avenel, NJ. Website is www.elexp.com Phone is (732) 381-8020. It is actually a great business that caters to the education sector (schools and colleges).

Steve
  • Tom WalkerTom Walker Posts: 509
    edited 2005-05-23 14:19
    I didn't know that they had closed up, either. I used to live outside of Asbury Park (Neptune, actually) and my dad and I "discovered" Edmund Scientific during a trip to Great Adventure (a Six Flags park). It was a great place to hunt for "goodies"...expecially optics...and the media center (planetarium-like)...aaah...

"Ground control to Major Tom......."

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Truly Understand the Fundamentals and the Path will be so much easier...