Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Stamp BOE board help — Parallax Forums

Stamp BOE board help

ObiwanObiwan Posts: 36
edited 2005-05-23 17:56 in Robotics
I just bought a BSII and the BOE board and am trying to use the servos but i dont know how to address the pulsout command, the servo receptors arent on pins

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2005-05-18 18:25
    Hello,

·· Actually the servo sockets are connected to the Stamp pins as indicated by the numbers above them.· 12, 13, 14, 15.· These correspond to the respective Stamp I/O pins.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
  • dandreaedandreae Posts: 1,375
    edited 2005-05-19 15:13
    Make sure to set the jumper to Vdd if using a power supply larger that 7.5v.· If you are using less than 7.5v then set the jumper to Vin.

Dave

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Dave Andreae

Tech Support
    dandreae@parallax.com
    www.parallax.com

·
  • ObiwanObiwan Posts: 36
    edited 2005-05-23 14:56
    thanks, but what do you mean by jumper wire, is that one of the wires i got with the board.· also where do i connect it
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2005-05-23 15:38
    Hello,

·· If you have a BOE Rev. C, there will be· ajumper between the servo blacks (X4 & X5).· It will have 2 positions, Vdd & Vin.· This is what Dave is referring to.· Is this a new BOE?· If not, what revision is your board?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
  • ObiwanObiwan Posts: 36
    edited 2005-05-23 17:45
    i think its the newest board, i just bought it.· its the usb one.· between x4 and x5 i see one pin out and what looks like 2 other pins under a plastic cover.· do i move the cover or something
  • Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2005-05-23 17:56
    Yes, that's called a shunt (it connects two pins together). Make sure you disconnect power and move the power switch to position 0 before you move the shunt (which is easier with needle-nose pliers). The BOE is marked Vdd (toward top) and Vin (toward breadboard) indicating which supply will be routed to the servo Vdd pins.

One note of caution when using Vin: While servos can tolerate higher voltages, some other devices can't -- I recently killed a Parallax Serial LCD because I had the shunt set to Vin and I was using a 9v supply which was just too much for the LCD that I had plugged into the servo header. The same holds true for the Ping))). The bottom line is that if you're connecting something other that servos to the headers, you should probably leave the shunt in the Vdd position.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax
    Dallas, TX· USA