Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
TRF 2.4 GHZ tranceiver and the Basic Stamp — Parallax Forums

TRF 2.4 GHZ tranceiver and the Basic Stamp

DJSandbergDJSandberg Posts: 56
edited 2005-05-20 03:42 in BASIC Stamp
Hello,

I bought three of the Spark Fun TRF-2.4 Ghz transceivers this week.· Spark Fun supplied a PIC sample code, which looks like hieroglyphics·to me.·

Has anyone used these modules with a Basic Stamp?

DJ

Comments

• Paul BakerPaul Baker Posts: 6,351
    edited 2005-05-16 13:52
    I have looked at the transceiver you bought but have not used it, I will·look at the code and see what I can do about distilling a PBasic version.
  • DJSandbergDJSandberg Posts: 56
    edited 2005-05-17 03:34
    Paul,

Thank you very much.

DJ
    edited 2005-05-17 04:11
    Whats the SKU: RF-SMiRF, RF-BlueSMiRF, RF-MiRF, RF-uMiRF or RF-24G?
    edited 2005-05-17 04:22
    Rf-24g
    edited 2005-05-17 04:27
    Ok before I delve into this, have you taken look at the C code? It is a high level language like basic and is easier to translate between the two.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    edited 2005-05-17 04:35
    Yes I did. Not much that I can understand out of it. PBasic is my limit, probably because it's the only thing I've been successful with.
    edited 2005-05-18 16:34
    Ok I examined the code and the core of the PBASIC program would be using shiftin and shiftout routines, the only other portion required is the transceiver configuration. I can still write up skeleton routines for you, but there will still be some grunt work on your behalf, but I will do my best to explain what still needs to be taken care of in the comments portion. This will be my first PBasic program (or shell of one) since I own an SX and not a stamp (I'll likely break down and get one eventually to help other members, but not yet, at least until I aquire a PDB). So I will be unable to test the code for you, but you seem proficiency in PBasic so it shouldn't a serious issue.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    edited 2005-05-19 04:00
    Paul,

Thank you very much for your help. The configuration part has be absolutely baffled.

Daryl
    edited 2005-05-19 11:51
    That stuff is ganered from the spec sheet, its all in there, and just copying thier hex code cofiguration should be enough to get you on your way. Sorry I haven't·done this it yet been very busy going to doctors for my broken foot on top of the standard commitments.
    edited 2005-05-20 03:42
    Paul,

Again, thank you for your help. At this point, I'm considering sending them back. I'm concerned that I could start tinkering on these and not be able to get them to work and then not be able to return them.

If I return them now, I could get some units that are easier to use and have a much higher chance of success.

Daryl