Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
pc mouse inferfacing — Parallax Forums

pc mouse inferfacing

davidsdavids Posts: 64
edited 2005-05-15 12:20 in BASIC Stamp
I would like to know if anyones knows the BAUD or bit speed·of a mouse.· I think at PAK VI can make communication easier to do.·

Comments

• ForrestForrest Posts: 1,341
    edited 2005-05-13 13:11
    How about the ezMOUSE adapter here multilabs.net/Products.html
  • davidsdavids Posts: 64
    edited 2005-05-13 13:58
    Great idea, can I get ezmouse through Parallax distributer. Consider the fact that I live in Australia and is there a datasheet that I can lokk at?
  • Donald BartleyDonald Bartley Posts: 19
    edited 2005-05-13 14:48
    There is a data sheet for the ezMOUSE on the downloads page of the Multilabs website www.multilabs.net along with sample code and schematics.
    edited 2005-05-14 06:47
    My question about the datasheets.

I mean to say what appications can I use EZmouse for. one of my projects is to use a mouse to control two camaras which are being used as eyes. And my other project is to control PS2's two joystick pads, which you may say is a side kick of the playstation control program in Nuts'n' Bolts book.

Davids
  • ForrestForrest Posts: 1,341
    edited 2005-05-14 11:47
    You can use the ezMOUSE with any of your BS2 programs - download the sample BS2 program and see for yourself www.multilabs.net/Downloads.html

The ezMOUSE works with a PS/2 mouse - not a PS2 gamepad.
  • Donald BartleyDonald Bartley Posts: 19
    edited 2005-05-14 14:46
    You can also download the "Using the ezMOUSE with the BASIC Stamp 2" document from the downloads page for details on programming the BS2 to use the ezMOUSE.· A keyboard interface is coming soon as well.

Forrest is correct, don't mistake PS/2 for PlayStation 2 (PS2).
    edited 2005-05-15 12:20
    I'm greatful for all your advise,

The question that I asked I know is a very complex. (What is the bit rate of a PS/2 mouse, baud, inferface requirments). The EZmouse as I already said that it is a great idea.

I need some background about the product if any.

Such as you can do this........... you can't do this................ BS2 internal/external inferface uses maybe................ projects that operate inconjuntion with EZmouse......................available in AUSTRALIA from persons/ companies name/suppied by/ Mailing address/ Bank tranfer details.

Sorry I need more info pls.