Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
MAFS Translator? — Parallax Forums

MAFS Translator?

Dan AustinDan Austin Posts: 2
edited 2005-05-12 03:50 in BASIC Stamp
I want to make a translator to convert the signal of a chevy mass air flow sensor to the signal output by my stock sensor.· I also wanted to make it adjustable to compensate for larger injectors.· I know that the voltage from the sensor will have to be converted from analog to digital then run through an equation and then converted to a voltage for the ecu.· The range of voltages to measure and convert is 0-5V with a hopeful resolution of about .01V.·· My question is do you think that this is possible with a stamp module or will this be too much for a stamp to do?

Comments

• dandreaedandreae Posts: 1,375
    edited 2005-05-11 19:08
    We have a text book called "Basic Analog to Digital" and in this book it will explain how to set·this project up and give you sample codes.· Here is a link for the free download of the text:· http://www.parallax.com/detail.asp?product_id=28155

Dave

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Dave Andreae

Tech Support
    dandreae@parallax.com
    www.parallax.com

·
  • Larry~Larry~ Posts: 242
    edited 2005-05-11 19:12
    In reading your post you do not say if you want the readings to be higher or lower, what is the stock sensor is it a mafs but of a smaller size. You are adding larger injectors but the brain will just use the oxygen sensor to cut the timing of these injectors down so that you get the same 14 to 1 ratio air fuel you will need to change the readings of the oxygen sensor also. I was thinking of using an opamp and just give the voltage a little boost or hold back but you need to know which way to go higher ·or lower. most sensor voltages are 0 to 5 volts on the newer cars obdII and on.
  • Dan AustinDan Austin Posts: 2
    edited 2005-05-12 03:50
    Thank you very much i will read up on this