Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Synchronizing 2 motors — Parallax Forums

Synchronizing 2 motors

Lin AcuffLin Acuff Posts: 3
edited 2005-05-09 21:38 in BASIC Stamp
I·am looking for a simple way to·turn two indepentent shafts·synchronously with·3-4 inch-lbs of torque.··Available power source is 12VDC.··

Comments

• Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2005-05-09 19:35
    How is the BASIC Stamp connected to the motors?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax
    Dallas, TX· USA
  • Lin AcuffLin Acuff Posts: 3
    edited 2005-05-09 19:45
    I am still in the conceptual stage. Essentially I need to run two shafts in one direction for 10- 15 seconds, and some time later run them back. While running, they need to always be within several revelutions of each other. Motor type and electronics are to be specified. My experience is more in the heavier industrial controls and not much in small robtics.
  • Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2005-05-09 19:51
    Please keep in mind that this is a BASIC Stamp forum -- perhaps you should repost in the Sandbox forum as you haven't specified a microcontroller.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax
    Dallas, TX· USA
  • Lin AcuffLin Acuff Posts: 3
    edited 2005-05-09 20:04
    I was considering a BS2 and a Motor Mind C.
  • edited 2005-05-09 20:39
    Hello,
    ··········· The BS2 would be good for this, on the Motor mind C you would be able to control both motors directly but you would have to program the stamp to read some type of sensor to check the speed and then adjust the Motor mind c output to the motors.
    Or you could use two Motor mind B’s they both have a tech in built. Which would allow you to set the speed, you want and then the Motor mind b would adjust the output with relation to the tech reading. To find out more about the Motor mind b please visit.
    http://www.parallax.com/dl/docs/prod/datast/MotorMindB.pdf

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

Stephen Swanson

Technical Support
    Parallax, Inc.
    sswanson@parallax.com

Post Edited (Stephen Swanson (Parallax)) : 5/9/2005 8:48:05 PM GMT
  • BeanBean Posts: 8,129
    edited 2005-05-09 21:38
    How about using stepper motors.
    Bean.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    "SX-Video Display Module" Available Now.

www.sxvm.com

"Great people talk about great things, average people talk about average things, small people talk about other people."
    ·