Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
motor mind C problem — Parallax Forums

motor mind C problem

davidsdavids Posts: 64
edited 2005-05-16 14:22 in BASIC Stamp
this code DEBUG's "SETDC ERROR" does someone know why? you will need both parts.

Comments

• dandreaedandreae Posts: 1,375
    edited 2005-05-09 02:34
    Were you able to get the sample code to work for testing purposes?· The sample code is in the Motor Mind C Carrier Board documentation.· Here is a link for the documentation:· http://www.parallax.com/detail.asp?product_id=30002·.

Dave

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Dave Andreae

Tech Support
    dandreae@parallax.com
    www.parallax.com

·
  • edited 2005-05-09 14:47
    Hello,
    ··········· The main·thing I see is the baud rate number in your BAUD CON 300 this would not equal a valid common baud rate. Please see the Serin or Serout section of the help file in the stamp editor to find the valid baud rate number of the baud rate you are using.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

Stephen Swanson

Technical Support
    Parallax, Inc.
    sswanson@parallax.com

• Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2005-05-09 15:12
    I'll bet that bad baudmode values are the single-biggest cause of program errors.· The editor has -- for the last 18 months -- allowed us to stomp out this bug, but few people seem to want to jump onto the "Conditional Compilation" bandwagon.· It's really not difficult, and all the hard work has been done.· The attached template is what I use to start EVERY program (you can install it as a template for File\New using the Preferences dialog), and I never have baud rate/mode issues with my programs.

If you need an inverted baudmode, say at 2400, you would change the definition to:

Baud·· ·CON··· T2400 + Inverted

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax
    Dallas, TX· USA

Post Edited (Jon Williams) : 5/9/2005 3:15:20 PM GMT
  • davidsdavids Posts: 64
    edited 2005-05-10 14:43
    I think I understand the problem, but I don't get updates of basic stamp software. I think that the MMC is dead, how can I test it to prove one way or the other?

I will try your Method first,

but as a beginner at this stuff I thnk that I need to go back to basic's. Interesting that you say baud con T2400 + Inverted

if lets just say that: baud con ???? + inverted
    baud con ???? + open
    baud con ???? +no inverted
    baud con ???? + closed
    I look at all this Baud CON ???? + ? as having to be defined in the program. So I'm still completely confused. MMC isn't working at all. "IN14 = 1" is Basic Stamp P 14 / logic voltage level 0 and that all other pins are logic voltage level 1. (FM) TTL serial to MMC works, and (TM) TTL serial data from MMC doesn"t. Do I need to switch from 9.6 k to 38.4 k ???
    I'll test the old MMC and see if it works

thanks Jon
  • Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2005-05-10 15:02
    Did you look at the template I attached to my post? All that stuff IS defined -- that's the idea behind the template: it predefines all the tricky serial stuff so that you don't have to think about it or look it up every time.

I don't know what baud rate to use for the MMC -- I've never used one myself. I'm sure the documentaion will tell you, and if all else fails, you might check the Solutions Cubed (manufacturer) web site for additional information.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax
    Dallas, TX· USA
  • Ryan ClarkeRyan Clarke Posts: 738
    edited 2005-05-10 15:39
    Thanks for the template Jon, I was using my own incomplete version of that- yours is great.

Ryan
  • davidsdavids Posts: 64
    edited 2005-05-16 11:59
    Think about this try the code and the carrier board rev3 yourself, Im using carrier board rev3 and controller rev4 with BS2E.......... TRY IT YOURSELF. It doesn't work for me
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2005-05-16 14:22
    davids,

·· Please see your other thread on this subject.· You have a fault in your code regarding redirecting I/O lines that normally detect buttons to your serial I/O lines.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com