Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Web Server — Parallax Forums

Web Server

m_fabio2m_fabio2 Posts: 49
edited 2005-07-30 03:40 in BASIC Stamp
I'd be willing to buy any extra of the web-interfaces for the stamp, I belive the name was the redi-ifix web server ?

I have a industrial use for those, combined with a stamp will make for a good ethernet compatible HVAC motor start and stopping network.
·

Comments

• Paul BakerPaul Baker Posts: 6,351
    edited 2005-05-07 05:32
    The Redi is no longer availible, theres a thread in another forum discussing it here. Most are recomending SitePlayer which is running a $30 special right now for the OEM module, it requires additional parts, but schematics are availible at thier website.
  • Ryan ClarkeRyan Clarke Posts: 738
    edited 2005-05-07 18:40
    Yeah, and I'll sell you the RJ connector + caps PCBs at cost (I had to get a min. order, now I have lots of extra ones)-

Ryan
  • freekfreek Posts: 22
    edited 2005-05-09 14:23
    Could I get one of those connectors please, if you have any left?

Will
    edited 2005-05-09 17:30
    I'm down to about 10 of these now. If you'd like one just private message me (I don't want to clutter the boards here)- I'm asking $15.00 + shipping for them (this is my cost, I'm not making a profit on them)- that is the PCB, the RJ45 jack, magnetics, caps, and header pins. I am sending them as a 'kit' - if anyone wants me to solder them they have to ask nicely [noparse];)[/noparse]

The only reason I went to this solution is because the Redi is no longer available- My goal was to get the easiest possible TCP/IP connection to a BS2 (and SX!) that I could.

Ryan
  • clayjayclayjay Posts: 11
    edited 2005-06-08 19:42
    Is the Siteplayer able to send email or is it just a web server. I am in dire need of a email server. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanking you in advance, Clayton Fowler

Post Edited (clayjay) : 6/8/2005 8:14:35 PM GMT
  • Fe2o3FishFe2o3Fish Posts: 170
    edited 2005-06-08 22:50
    Clayton,

There are two Siteplayers now. One's a Serial-to-Ethernet converted (Siteplayer Telnet)
    and the other, and older, version is now the Siteplayer Server. The latter is probably
    what you would want. It's basically a server but it can send UDP packets as well. If
    a program on a PC elsewhere on the LAN runs a program that listens to certain UDP
    packerts it could, in turn, forward the data in those packets to a mail server.

An application that does this is available from the Siteplayer website. Go to the Siteplayer website
    then click on the Siteplayer Server picture (lower right-hand corner). On that page click on
    "Applications" near the top. Download the application UDP2EMAIL -- this requires Visual
    Basic. It is functional!

Would this do the trick for you?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    -Rusty-
    --
    Rusty Haddock = KD4WLZ = rusty@fe2o3.lonestar.org
    **Out yonder in the Van Alstyne (TX) Metropolitan Area**
    Microsoft is to software what McDonalds is to gourmet cooking
  • steve_bsteve_b Posts: 1,563
    edited 2005-06-08 22:54
    I think Linux systems can be set up with an email daemon or something.
    I don't know how....but I've read bits and pieces on the Net about how to do it!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    ·

Steve
    http://ca.geocities.com/steve.brady@rogers.com/index.html
    "Inside each and every one of us is our one, true authentic swing. Something we was born with. Something that's ours and ours alone. Something that can't be learned... something that's got to be remembered."
    edited 2005-06-08 23:14
    The original siteplayer can send UDP as well.

Ryan
  • clayjayclayjay Posts: 11
    edited 2005-06-18 05:17
    The RedI was just about perfect. I would buy a 100 of them if I could get anyone to make them. The shared memory, email, and web server were great. I don't think I'm smart enough to do UDP packets. I have reworked my app to dump to VB on a PC and then we are going to FTP into the PC. Thanks again for all of your help, CJF (PS I'm not kidding about buying 100 of a RedI clone. )
    edited 2005-06-19 21:07
    Clayjay, I have been researching all of the available 'replacements' for the Redi ever since they dried up. If you'd like more info on that just let me know. I'd be happy to share what I've found, and would be interested in hearing about anything you've looked into yourself.

Ryan
  • Ken GraceyKen Gracey Posts: 7,387
    edited 2005-06-20 04:53
    Fabio,

I'm expecting a Netburner replacement for the Red-I within about two weeks. They're developing a similar instruction set specifically for us. Preliminary cost estimates are slightly higher than the Red-I.

Parallax is not designing our own internet device. This is something we'll source from a third party. It would be coupled with our own documentation and examples.

Ken Gracey
    Parallax, Inc.
    edited 2005-06-21 15:22
    That is great news Ken! I can't wait to see it!

Ryan
  • Fe2o3FishFe2o3Fish Posts: 170
    edited 2005-07-29 18:08
    Ken,
    What's the latest with the NetBurner?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    -Rusty-
    --
    Rusty Haddock = KD4WLZ = rusty@fe2o3.lonestar.org
    **Out yonder in the Van Alstyne (TX) Metropolitan Area**
    Microsoft is to software what McDonalds is to gourmet cooking
  • Philip GamblinPhilip Gamblin Posts: 202