Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
The difference between parallax servo controller serial and USB?? — Parallax Forums

The difference between parallax servo controller serial and USB??

jameshojamesho Posts: 2
edited 2005-05-06 22:10 in BASIC Stamp
I order two PSC(serial)·module from parallax, but·mistakely it became PSC(USB). could anyone·tell me if both version is interchangeable or not.

for my application I need BS2 connect to Two PSCs daisy chained together, that·same as the figure 6 of the parallax servo controller documentation.

but·I could not find any infomation about that in the documentation of PSC USB version.

Comments

• allanlane5allanlane5 Posts: 3,815
    edited 2005-05-06 13:01
    The BS2 cannot control a USB PSC module -- the USB module is meant for direct PC to Servo use.

Sorry about that.
  • edited 2005-05-06 15:24
    Hello,
    ··········· The USB PSC, has been designed to be controlled from the PC USB or the BASIC Stamps® through the three pin header on the board with the same commands used on the PSC serial version.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

Stephen Swanson

Technical Support
    Parallax, Inc.
    sswanson@parallax.com

• jameshojamesho Posts: 2
    edited 2005-05-06 16:19
    Thank you very much for your Info. So I could start My project. smilewinkgrin.gif
  • PARPAR Posts: 285
    edited 2005-05-06 19:24
    Stephen Swanson (Parallax) said...
    Hello,
    ··········· The USB PSC, has been designed to be controlled from the PC USB or the BASIC Stamps® through the three pin header on the board with the same commands used on the PSC serial version.

Can we correctly assume that the portions of the SERIAL PSC board's documentation which describe the command syntax for the SERIAL PSC and shows example PBasic 2.5 source code for how to operate the SERIAL PSC board from a Stamp, and also describes how to jumper/connect/operate daisy-chained SERIAL PSC boards, also applies equally to the USB PSC boards?

(Or, is there a functional·reason (e.g., is the USB's command syntax different?) why those examples from the SERIAL PSC documentation were omitted from the USB PSC documentation?)

Peter R
  • edited 2005-05-06 22:10
    PAR,
    ··········· That is correct the (serial/USB)·boards have the same firmware. The Daisy chaining of these units would also be the same. The commands can be found in the serial version of the PSC manual.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

Stephen Swanson

Technical Support
    Parallax, Inc.
    sswanson@parallax.com