Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
air ride system — Parallax Forums

air ride system

pyroturbopyroturbo Posts: 5
edited 2005-05-05 12:59 in BASIC Stamp
Being low on funds and just finishing a visual basic.net course, i was turned on to the idea of using a BS2px inorder to control my air ride and support other functions(clock, accelerometer.....but nevermind those) what i am looking for is a way to interpret data from pressure sensors. i was thinking that i could use 4 input pins, reading pressure senders(transducers) to continiously scan with PULSIN. would this work? i am looking to get data from 4 corners and the tank at no more than 300 psi. for this, i need to find some reasonably priced pressure sensors in the 0-5v range that will not break with sudden pressure change(and are low in cost). i was unaware if i need analog or digital sensors, so if you could help, it would be appreciated.

also, i was wondering what kind of transducers i would need in order to drive 12 volt relays. also, i want to know if this store.earthlcd.com/s.nl/sc.7/category.297/it.I/id.315/.f can accept signals from the stamp, and if it can send data back from the touchscreen if used as buttons... i know this is a lot. thanks

Comments

• pyroturbopyroturbo Posts: 5
    edited 2005-05-05 09:14
    update: i will only be running 200 psi
  • steve_bsteve_b Posts: 1,563
    edited 2005-05-05 12:59
    As far as the type of sensor you might "lean" towards....if you don't want ot mess without external circuitry to "dress-up" the signal so the stamp can read it, then you might look for digital sensors that have a rs232 out already. They'll be pricey....but easy to interface!
    I think you'll find you may need an A/D converter otherwise!
    We buy our atmospheric pressure sensors from these guys and here's a quick check on a model that might suit you!
    http://www.setra.com/tra/pro/p_te_205.htm (An A/D converter would be need as full scale would be 5V...).

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    ·

Steve
    http://ca.geocities.com/steve.brady@rogers.com/index.html
    "Inside each and every one of us is our one, true authentic swing. Something we was born with. Something that's ours and ours alone. Something that can't be learned... something that's got to be remembered."