Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
6 DoF Sensor and other new products @ sparkfun — Parallax Forums

6 DoF Sensor and other new products @ sparkfun

Paul BakerPaul Baker Posts: 6,351
edited 2005-05-04 17:01 in Robotics
Sparkfun is about to come into full production with a 6 degree of freedom wireless sensor module, it provides 3 gryro readings and 6 tilt readings an have a bluetooth module incorporated within the unit. The part number is ACL-IMU-6DOF, the unit can be purchased without the wireless option and/or with fewer degrees of freedom and your choice of Gyro and Accelerometers incorporated. The full version board is a pricey $400 but isn't that much considering what it does.

They also have the·serial Bluetooth module used in above sensor availible seperately for $80, part# RF-BlueSMiRF.

Finally they have instructions on converting a toaster oven into a reflow oven, they go into more detail about the interface with the toaster (most other online tutorials gloss over this aspect). They are contemplating developing a board you can purchase (target price $100) which would allow you to convert your own toaster oven into a reflow oven by inserting the board and a power relay.

Comments

• Dave PatonDave Paton Posts: 285
    edited 2005-05-04 16:42
    Shoot. I guess I don't need to work on my toaster oven reflow converter poroject any more then. Mine would have weighed in around $150 or so. Oh well. Theirs will probably be slicker than mine anyway cool.gif

That 6DOF sensor looks cool, as does the reintroduction of the GSM embedded modem with the camera.

-dave

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    This is not a sig. This is a duck. Quack.
  • Paul BakerPaul Baker Posts: 6,351
    edited 2005-05-04 17:01
    Yeah I was drooling over the potential of getting two of the modems and a GSM nationwide family plan. Mmmm, nationwide flat-fee wireless connectivity gaaahhh.