Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
X-10 Connections to Stamp — Parallax Forums

X-10 Connections to Stamp

MikeSMikeS Posts: 131
edited 2005-05-03 14:12 in BASIC Stamp
I am trying to connect an OEM BS2 to a PL513 X10 interface module to control some lights.· I wired the 4 wire phone connection as per the diagram in the PBASIC Help for XOUT and used the example program to test it. Nothing happened.
I have a BASIC STAMP ACTIVITY BOARD that has a built in RJ-11 jack and connected the PL513 and loaded the example program and it worked fine.
I am pretty sure that the diagram in the Help file is incorrect because the schematic for the ACTIVITY BOARD shows the 10K pull-up tied to pin 4 of the RJ-11 which goes to P1 of the STAMP.
I wired the RJ-11 jack like the ACTIVITY Board to the OEM BS2 and tried it again but it still does not work.
Can someone verify the correct connections for the RJ-11· and the 10K pullup for the STAMP before I troubleshoot anything else?
The OEM version of the STAMP does recognize the XOUT command....right?
BTW the OEM BS2 is working, I checked with another program.

Thanks
Mike S

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2005-05-03 02:51
    MikeS said...(trimmed)
    The OEM version of the STAMP does recognize the XOUT command....right?
    BTW the OEM BS2 is working, I checked with another program.
    Sure it does...What makes you think it doesn't recognize the command?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
  • MikeSMikeS Posts: 131
    edited 2005-05-03 13:29
    Chris,

My question was rhetorical. I know my problem is connection related. I re-read the help file and found the following note.

attachment.php?attachmentid=73649

The power-line interface is plugged in to a live outlet. I put a line at the end of the program to blink an LED and·the program never makes it that far so I am assuming the Xout command has stopped the program.

Mike S.
    780 x 52 - 5K
  • Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2005-05-03 14:12
    I noticed a small disconnect between the example code in the help file and the diagram on the syntax page -- perhaps that's the issue. I've corrected and posted a new vesion of the help file. In short, the Zpin (pin 1 of the RJ-11) is the one that gets pulled up, and that Stamp pin is the second parameter of XOUT.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax
    Dallas, TX· USA