Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
upgrading with a serin command — Parallax Forums

upgrading with a serin command

ErikErik Posts: 31
edited 2005-04-26 21:46 in BASIC Stamp
hello everybody

I·want to upgrade a number with a serin comand.
We going to use that number for counting down when a input is going high.
when that number is zero then we must upgrade it with any number that we like to choose.

greetings erik
·

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2005-04-26 18:50
    Erik,

·· What exactly is your question?· Are you trying to input a number via SERIN?· DEBUG?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
  • ErikErik Posts: 31
    edited 2005-04-26 19:06
    Hello chris,

What we like to do is.We have a number, when a input is going high then the number is counting down from ten to nine and a output is going high for 5 seconds when this number is zero and the input will be high then the output stay low only when this number is be higer as zero then the output will be going high.
    now we like to upgrade this number with serin command or something like that.

i hope you understand now a litle bit what we going to try to do.

greetings erik
  • Paul BakerPaul Baker Posts: 6,351
    edited 2005-04-26 20:12
    I deferred response to your original post because I too couldn't understand what you were asking, your clarification still confuses me. You refer to upgrading (which I interpret as modifying) code to use the command serin. Does this mean you already have code? If so please post the code. If not, do you think you could provide a timing diagram or someother pictorial example of what you are trying to accomplish, because its difficult to understand your phrasing of your question. Here is my interpretation of what your describing, can you confirm this or provide an alternate explaination?

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2005-04-26 21:46
    Erik,

·· Without your existing code, it would be difficult to tell you the best way to implement this into your existing code.· Please post your existing code.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com