Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
BS2P....nobody home!! — Parallax Forums

BS2P....nobody home!!

steve_bsteve_b Posts: 1,563
edited 2005-04-24 12:51 in BASIC Stamp
Well,· I done gone and did it!!

had this really nice bs2p40 that I had been saving for a rainy day (when it rains it pours).

So here I are...got my ds1302 and had a ds1602 and got my sensiron...was going to rig up a bunch of sensors to all the channels...just to see if I could do it!

Anyhow....had the sensiron running and was trying to compare to the airports temp/Rh readings....was getting close.
I had it out on my balcony (as the apartment doesn't 'breathe' enough for comparable readings)....I get relaly wordy when I'm trying to describe my screw ups!

So, it's dry where I put it...but it started raining harder and the rain splashes off the railing..and well....no more output from the stamp.
So, I pull it in and let it sit and dry off.
I do an Identify and I get echo and loopback...but no stamp version (and nothing 'found').

Anyhow...have I toasted something (obviously I have)....
I know it's be described before...but the echo is a funciton of the transistor hardware...and the loopback is the chip calling back....
But....the ID?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
·

Steve
http://ca.geocities.com/steve.brady@rogers.com/index.html
"Inside each and every one of us is our one, true authentic swing. Something we was born with. Something that's ours and ours alone. Something that can't be learned... something that's got to be remembered."

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2005-04-24 05:10
    Steve,

·· Interesting set of circumstances...But yeah, it sounds like the Stamp is toast.· But to be certain, are you sure it was totally dry?· Moisture can hide under the chips and cause shorts in the circuitry when power is applied.· No ID from the chip means that the chip isn't responding to the editor.· Which means it's probably dead.· By also try disconnecting everything from it and power it up again (When it's dry)...See what happens then.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
  • CPUMANCPUMAN Posts: 55
    edited 2005-04-24 05:14
    I would like to note the loop back is an actuall physical connection on the board not the stamp.· So you would get loop back even if there was no stamp in the socket.
    ·
    Anyway, I'd say it's a pretty safe bet the stamp is fried (most likely the interpreter, the PIC was damaged) if it won't respond to an ID request.· I'd suggest giving parallax's tech support a call on Monday.
    ·
    Chris
  • steve_bsteve_b Posts: 1,563
    edited 2005-04-24 12:51
    I knew one of the tests was a 'hardware' design...but I thought the other was a "call and answer"....and then the ID was an interrogation of actual data on the stamp.

Ah well...I should know not to take short cuts! A box over the board would have prevent this!! lol Silly me!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    ·

Steve
    http://ca.geocities.com/steve.brady@rogers.com/index.html
    "Inside each and every one of us is our one, true authentic swing. Something we was born with. Something that's ours and ours alone. Something that can't be learned... something that's got to be remembered."