Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
i2c over draw — Parallax Forums

i2c over draw

nick178nick178 Posts: 2
edited 2005-04-24 05:07 in BASIC Stamp
ive encountered a problem using the bs2p communicating with seven motor controllers·using·i2c. it·worked ok·for a short time but then stoped. after checking everything twice i eventually ran only one on·pin 8 and·9 and it worked but pin 0· no longer works. i was using 4.7k pullup resistor and the md03 motor controller. Curious if any one else was having similar problems and if they found a solution

thanks nick

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2005-04-23 20:12
    Nick,

·· Have you confirmed whether or not PIN 0 works with anything else?· For example, does it go HIGH/LOW, or report INPUTS?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
  • nick178nick178 Posts: 2
    edited 2005-04-24 02:16
    it no longer functions as an input or output. after close inspection of the bs2p i still can't figure why only that pin would go although it just occured to me to test the others in that bank. i have succesfull used pin 8 and 9 to program though.

thanks nick
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2005-04-24 05:07
    Nick,

·· If you can, I would get to the bottom of what may have caused the damage so it doesn't happen again.· This is why I have been stressing an added amount of caution in how to interface things to the Stamp.· Sure, many of the circuits work great when there are no problems or unforseen circumstances.· But when something does come up, you lose a Stamp pin, and that can usually be avoided by following safe guidelines.· If you need any help on connections, please post them here, and we will try to help.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com