Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
What's your favorite project you have done so far? — Parallax Forums

What's your favorite project you have done so far?

JamesonianJamesonian Posts: 26
edited 2005-05-13 15:25 in Robotics
I'm just wondering, would anyone mind sharing their favorite, or one of your favorite, projects you have done with your robot (primarily but not necessarily boe-bot)?· It doesn't matter if you used·the program and circuit from a manual or book or if it is·your own invention.tongue.gif
Any replies would be appreciated.· cool.gif

James

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
"Shoot for the moon, if you miss, you'll·land among the stars."

Comments

• Jon KeinathJon Keinath Posts: 146
    edited 2005-04-23 02:19
    I have really only done one Stamp based robotics project, and it's a work in progress, but your welcome to check it out if you want...
    www.kettering.edu/~kein0105/robotics.html
  • dandreaedandreae Posts: 1,375
    edited 2005-04-23 05:47

Jon,

This is a cool robot, you should post this in the "Projects" forum with your link to your website when you are finished. If you could share your code and maybe a wiring diagram, that would be very helpful for the Javelin people. Great job!

Dave

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Dave Andreae

Tech Support
    dandreae@parallax.com
    www.parallax.com

·
  • JamesonianJamesonian Posts: 26
    edited 2005-05-03 21:51
    Yea, very cool. Thanks for sharing.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    "Shoot for the moon, if you miss, you'll·land among the stars."
  • LoopyBytelooseLoopyByteloose Posts: 12,537
    edited 2005-05-12 16:19
    This is the first masonite robot that I have seen. It is a great material for the application. A lot easier to work that acrylic plastic, but similar in design and strength. And you really are gutsy to have a four wheel drive with four independent steering wheel for a first project.

Very cool. Why not list it in the finished projects area for everyone?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    G. Herzog in Taiwan
  • edited 2005-05-12 19:17
    Hello,
    ········· I hope this is not completely off topic but, it is a project and on the robotics level. The original is a demo I did for Parallax Inc. about 4 years ago. I then started on the new one and am about 80% done with 20 songs. The original had ode to joy, daisy, chop sticks, wave, row row your boat, twinkle twinkle little start, are you sleeping and marry had a little lamb. The new one will have the same but included some more complexes songs. Hopeful I will be able to finish it this year.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

Stephen Swanson

Technical Support
    Parallax, Inc.
    sswanson@parallax.com

640 x 480 - 202K
    640 x 480 - 192K
    640 x 480 - 201K
    640 x 480 - 177K
  • Paul BakerPaul Baker Posts: 6,351
    edited 2005-05-12 19:35
    Neat project Stephen, do the strikers touch the bar when not activated? (ie does it have a sustain or dampen default effect) Have you experimented with producing both sustained and dampened notes? How much noise do the solenoids make when operating?
  • edited 2005-05-12 20:10
    Hi Paul,
    ··········· The original had pull solenoids that needed to be powered during the song to allow the tone to resonate. They also used a rubber grommet to cut down on the clicking noise when playing.· The new ones are push type with pull springs. The solenoids do make a slight thump but when a note is played it is not audible. For the notes I have adjusted the length of the note by increasing the contact time. With the hard plastic tips on the solenoids it gives a ting sound but with wooded tips that could be cut down.
    ·

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

Stephen Swanson

Technical Support
    Parallax, Inc.
    sswanson@parallax.com

• BeanBean Posts: 8,129
    edited 2005-05-12 23:24
    Stephen,
    I'd be interested in hearing an audio file of one of the songs....
    Bean.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    "SX-Video Display Module" Available Now.

www.sxvm.com

"Great people talk about great things, average people talk about average things, small people talk about other people."
    ·
  • edited 2005-05-13 14:29
    Bean,
    Sure let me rig something up, so I can record the sound. icon6.gif

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

Stephen Swanson

Technical Support
    Parallax, Inc.
    sswanson@parallax.com

• Tim-MTim-M Posts: 522
    edited 2005-05-13 15:25
    Stephen,

What a great idea! I'm with Bean, I'd sure like to hear your project play too. Even better.... how about a short video clip so we can watch all the action as it plays?

Thanks for sharing your project,

Tim