Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Can anyone help me — Parallax Forums

Can anyone help me

Marc02x4'sMarc02x4's Posts: 3
edited 2005-04-22 00:38 in BASIC Stamp
I'm working with a project and I need to get the temperature, for this I got a LM335, so my doubt is how to convert the value to digital. I got a friend idea of using a ADC0804 but I don't have idea how to connect them and how to use them, I'm kind of newbie... hope someone can help me.... thanks

Comments

• Philip GamblinPhilip Gamblin Posts: 202
    edited 2005-04-21 04:35
    http://www.parallax.com/detail.asp?product_id=604-00002·. This link should take you to the DS1620 which is a digital thermometer/thermostat. There is an appnote /program written for it which is fairly straight forward. It·worked well for me, because I didn't have to write the code, I just used what·the good folks at Parallax provided.·
  • Marc02x4'sMarc02x4's Posts: 3
    edited 2005-04-21 13:48
    thanks guys, but I'm still with doubts... I would rather to use the lm335 and the adc0804 cause for the program is much easier I guess, so any other help will be good, thanks anyway
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2005-04-21 14:27
    Hello,

·· If you're required to use those parts, it sounds like a class project.· In that case you might want to read the datasheets on each part, and look for code examples using the ADC0804.· Basically you're going to need 8 inputs on the Stamp just for the data.· Glancing at the datasheet, this looks like you're going to have some fun.· If it weren't for your part number requirements, I would've gone with the ideas suggested previously.· Or at least used a different ADC, such as the ADC0831.· Good luck!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
  • Marc02x4'sMarc02x4's Posts: 3
    edited 2005-04-22 00:38
    thanks I already look the data sheets and I didn't got a clear idea of how to use them, so thats why I decided to post here for some help, I think I'll keep looking thanks