Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
RF serial communication — Parallax Forums

RF serial communication

majik2000majik2000 Posts: 1
edited 2005-04-20 18:31 in BASIC Stamp
I am trying to set up an RF serial communication between a base station and a mobile boe bot.· I have an TWS-434 on the base station and an RWS-434 on the boe bot. Does anyone have any simple programs so that i can check out if i have a functional communications link.· I've noticed that i will have to write a program for the base in order to send commands for directional movement and i have heard that you can use the key pad on the keyboard to coordinate this action and it looks like i will also have to write some program for the bot itself so that it can receive my commands.· I am learning pbasic on the fly and starting to get a little handle on it. any help would be appreciated from anyone.

Thank You

Comments

• JonathanJonathan Posts: 1,023
    edited 2005-04-20 18:31
    Majik,

The units you have are pretty easy to use. You can find out if you have a link easily. Send a SEROUT command to the pin attached to the data line of the transmitter over and over in a tight loop. Hook an LED to the data pin of the receiver. You should see it blinking as it receives the data.

I have had some trouble getting the max range of these units with the Stamp. For some reason they work OK with other MCU's. I have no idea why and spent a lot of time trying to find out why.

Sparkfun.com has some units that look very cool for 20 bucks, and they are TX/RX combos.

Jonathan

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    www.madlabs.info - Home of the Hydrogen Fuel Cell Robot