Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Help with MEMKey — Parallax Forums

Help with MEMKey

LiquidaudioLiquidaudio Posts: 8
edited 2005-04-19 06:32 in BASIC Stamp
Hello
I have been trying for a week now to get my MEMKey working and it seems to have no communication. Here is my program:

'{$stamp BS2p}
'{$PBASIC 2.5}

INPUT 2 'TM
OUTPUT 12 'FM
INPUT 14 'key

TM CON 2
FM CON 12
key CON 14
baud CON 396 '2400 baud

HIGH 14 'reset time
PAUSE 1000

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' Typematic delay and rate ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
'2.5ms per unit
SEROUT FM, baud, [noparse][[/noparse]$02,$F0,$0C] 'program typmatic delay=600ms and rate=30ms
PAUSE 10 'EEPROM write time
SEROUT FM, baud, [noparse][[/noparse]$03] 'Read what was written to typematic register
SERIN TM, baud, [noparse][[/noparse]B0,B1]
DEBUG "delay: ", DEC B0, CR, "rate: ", DEC B1, CR

When I run this the stamp (BS2p24) runs up to the serin command and nothing is returned by the MEMKey, so it hangs at that command. I would like to know if there is a problem I have overlooked or should I call tech support since it is only 1 week old? I measure 5.0V on all pins all the time (referencing the GND pin on the MEMKey)

Thanks, John

Comments

• dandreaedandreae Posts: 1,375
    edited 2005-04-18 20:26
    You need to change your baud rate to 1021 instead of 396 for the BS2p.

Dave

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Dave Andreae

Tech Support
    dandreae@parallax.com
    www.parallax.com

·
  • LiquidaudioLiquidaudio Posts: 8
    edited 2005-04-18 21:31
    Hey
    Thanks for the info. I changed the baud value to 1021 and there is still no change in what is received (or not received), all of the pins still stay at 5.0V. Next, I put a debug statement in between the serout and serin commands and it shows on the debug screen, but still nothing from the memkey. I have triple checked that I am using the correct I/O pins as set in the program.

Thanks, John
    edited 2005-04-18 21:40
    Configure this code (attached) for your wiring and try it and see if it works?

Dave

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Dave Andreae

Tech Support
    dandreae@parallax.com
    www.parallax.com
  • LiquidaudioLiquidaudio Posts: 8
    edited 2005-04-18 21:54
    Hello
    After rewiring and downloading I saw a whole lot of nothing, still a blank debug window after ~1minute. confused.gif I think this also rules out any bad pins since they have all changed except P2.

Thanks, John
    edited 2005-04-18 22:02
    You may want to double check your wiring, the reason I say this is, that Parallax charges a $10.00 testing fee if no problems are found.· You can contact our sales department at 1-888-997-8267 and ask for an RMA number.· This will allow us to test it.

Dave

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Dave Andreae

Tech Support
    dandreae@parallax.com
    www.parallax.com

·
  • kelvin jameskelvin james Posts: 531
    edited 2005-04-19 06:32
    Since i have used the memkey for a while, i took a look at the code dave posted, and there are still a couple of 396 baud rates that were not replaced with the 1021. Don't know if you caught it or not. Make sure you have "solid" connections with the memkey.

kelvin