Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Unreliable programming with BS2P24 — Parallax Forums

Unreliable programming with BS2P24

geekythinggeekything Posts: 53
edited 2005-04-17 14:50 in BASIC Stamp
I've got a few stamps (2*BS2, 1*BS2P24). I've recently gotten a USB Board of Education, and my previosuly reliable BS2P24 fails programming the majority of the time now -- at different points in the download. Once in a while, it will actually program.

My two BS2s program just fine, so I don't think it's a USB issue, Windows problems, or BoE issue. I've even tried powering the board off both 9vdc and NiMH batteries -- but still same results.

Any thoughts? Should I just assume I've got a flakey Stamp?

-marc

Comments

• dandreaedandreae Posts: 1,375
    edited 2005-04-17 03:23
    Hello,

Go to your "Device Manager" and click on "Ports" and find the your USB to Com port.· Then click on it and then click on the "Port Setting" tab and then click on the "Advance" button in the middle.· Find the "Latency" section and set it to 1 and then click on "okay" on the way out and see if this solves the problem?· If not, please contact Parallax's tech support at 1-888-997-8267 with your set up ready to test.

Dave

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Dave Andreae

Tech Support
    dandreae@parallax.com
    www.parallax.com

·
  • geekythinggeekything Posts: 53
    edited 2005-04-17 14:50
    Dave...

A quick test with a couple of different programs seems to indicate that has fixed the issue. I guess that tightens up timing on the USB part of the link?

Thanks for help smile.gif

-marc