Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Infrared Signal recognition — Parallax Forums

Infrared Signal recognition

DrizZDrizZ Posts: 1
edited 2005-04-13 16:26 in BASIC Stamp
hey, im working on a target project right now where an infrared signal is emitted from a "remote" and received by the target. All i need is for the Stamp to recognize the signal from the remote. i want the stamp to recognize the signal and tally a score on a 7-segment display i have wired.

i called parallex and they told me i should just be able to power an infrared LED and wire the detector to a pin on the stamp and it should detect the signal. they also told me that doing it this way would recieve alot of interference. does this sound right? is there any way to reduce the interference between the emitter and the detector? if this setup will work does anyone have any idea where i can find information on what kind of code i would need for the stamp to recognize the signal?

Thanks

Comments

• freekfreek Posts: 22
    edited 2005-04-13 15:37
    To reduce interference, you could put a paper tube around the detector to limit the receiving apeture, or if you want maximum appeture, you could put an IR filter over it.· a down and dirty filter is a piece of exposed black & white file negitive.

Will
  • dandreaedandreae Posts: 1,375
    edited 2005-04-13 16:26
    Parallax has a new text called "IR Remote for the Boe-Bot" that will help you with this project.· Here is a link for the free download of the text:· http://www.parallax.com/detail.asp?product_id=28139

Dave

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Dave Andreae

Tech Support
    dandreae@parallax.com
    www.parallax.com

·