Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Qprox sample code? — Parallax Forums

Qprox sample code?

KlutchKlutch Posts: 9
edited 2005-04-10 05:02 in BASIC Stamp
greetings,

i am about to begin a small automation project and was hoping to incorporate the 16/24 key Qprox capacitive touch sensors (http://www.qprox.com/products/qmatrix.php) into it?· has anyone already interfaced·these sensors (or any other flavor that Qprox carries) to a stamp and could perhaps save me the time of reinventing the wheel by sharing their code?··i have already searched Qprox's website for code examples,·their forum, this forum, as well as several web searches with no real success.· i see that parallax is now carrying the 1 key flavor (QT113), but did not post any sample code.· the data sheet is very detailed and it does not seem too bad, but i hope that somene maybe put·it through·its paces already·cause these sensors·have a·bunch of user setable features and other stuff, and a little quirk or 2·about needing to refresh its memory every second or so....··anyway, thanks for your efforts, and have a good one.

ross

FYI:
16 key: http://www.qprox.com/downloads/datasheets/qt60161_101.pdf
24 key: http://www.qprox.com/downloads/datasheets/qt60248_401.pdf
·

Comments

• Tracy AllenTracy Allen Posts: 6,658
    edited 2005-04-08 05:51
    I've used the QT110 and the QT114 (water level), but not the newer multi-key units. The simple ones work exactly as advertised. The output changes state when touch is detected. The only programming is to read the input! One thing to watch out for is the heartbeat output, if the qprox will be driving a load or a relay directly. That should not be a problem in driving a Stamp input pin.

I see that the new ones that read many keys have a lot more options and a serial interface. I'd be interested to hear how they work out for you!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Tracy Allen
    www.emesystems.com
  • edited 2005-04-08 15:03
    HI,

Yes, sorry about that we do have docs and source code. It is being proofed by our document department, I have posted the code from the doc to this post. Just ask if you have any questions.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

Stephen Swanson

Technical Support
    Parallax, Inc.
    sswanson@parallax.com

Post Edited (sswanson (Parallax inc.)) : 4/8/2005 3:11:32 PM GMT
  • KlutchKlutch Posts: 9
    edited 2005-04-10 05:02
    sswanson:
    thanks for the update on the parallax front on this product as well as the bit of code, i appreciate it. i see though i've got quite a bit of work ahead as the multi-key chips appear a bit more involved.

tracy:
    thanks for the tip on the heartbeat output. yeah, the multi-key chips have a ton of different features. i've read the doc a time or two, it is difficult to tell what are bells and whistles and what is necessary. i hope to set up 16-24 keys, perhaps backlit, through 3/8" plexi or regular glass. seems to be about the cheapest keypad setup w/ the added benefits of no mechanical failure or need to worry about dirt from the manufacturing environement. anyway, when i get something working i will post my results.

ross