Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
3 or 4 axis cnc stepper controller — Parallax Forums

3 or 4 axis cnc stepper controller

ctmctm Posts: 3
edited 2005-04-07 06:35 in BASIC Stamp
smile.gif·Hello again to a very helpful community,·

I am a newbie to the stamp world and I would like to build a·4 axis stepper motor controller. To control a 4 axis cnc router gantry that I am building as well.
I was reading the specs on the Little Step U Controller and it seems to have a lot of the features that are in some of the more popular OEM controllers. And it will handle up to 3 amps/phase for each stepper motor.

What would be the best model of Basic Stamp to use in this application? And how does the Little Step interface to the stamp?

I would like to be able to use Solid State Relays to protect the stamp hardware and would also like to have various Proximity Sensors·for homing\initial cycle etc. I can certainly see that 16 I/O is enough for the various sensors that I would like to incorporate into this controller.

Has there been a similiar application created in the Stamp Community? And if so is there source code available to experiment with?

Would each Little Step U require a seperate power supply? and if so is that a better way to supply power than one common larger supply? I would like to build a reliable controller that might incorporate designs that I may not be familiar with.

Sincerely,

Colin Morris
·