Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
DTMF FIgure 5.3 in Basic Stamp Relay question ????? — Parallax Forums

DTMF FIgure 5.3 in Basic Stamp Relay question ?????

coorscoors Posts: 28
edited 2005-04-15 03:50 in BASIC Stamp
When using the figure 5.3 from the basic Stamp manual it shows how to interface the controller to the phone line. RIght before you connect it to the phone line the figure shows to use 'connect switch or relay contacts'.· What I want to do is have· the contacts always open and when the phone call is to be made it closes to make the phone call for a certain time.· What will be the best way to accomplish this??· WHich relays would we need ???

THanks

Comments

• edited 2005-04-06 21:58
    Coors,
    For the relay you will want to use a DTST-NO (double poll, single throw, normal open). www. Jameco.com part#138456CC. To control the relay with the Basic stamp you will use the doc at http://www.parallax.com/dl/docs/cols/nv/vol1/col/nv6.pdf.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

Stephen Swanson

Technical Support
    Parallax, Inc.
    sswanson@parallax.com

• coorscoors Posts: 28
    edited 2005-04-07 01:09
    O.K. thanks for the info.
  • coorscoors Posts: 28
    edited 2005-04-13 16:34
    Hi,

I got the correct relay, how do i power up the relay.· The pin that is sending the DTMF info is only outputting aout 2volts.· I need atleast 5V.· Is there a way to make the pin output higher voltage and still be able to dial the numbers.· or do i use another pin, and if so how do i make it output 5 v.· OR would i have to amplify the pin output.

Thanks
  • stbrnrdstbrnrd Posts: 35
    edited 2005-04-15 03:50
    how about using a transistor (with a diode) tapped to the input of the stamp (5-12V), and a pin out command to the transistor to drive the relay before the dtmf out command?

Post Edited (stbrnrd) : 4/15/2005 3:53:42 AM GMT