Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
JST Connector — Parallax Forums

JST Connector

gordianknotgordianknot Posts: 12
edited 2005-04-04 20:23 in BASIC Stamp
Hello,

I am using a JST Connector to connect a Sharp GP2D02 to a BSII.· The connector I received from HobbyEngineering.com has the following color wires:· White, Blue, Red and Black.· Other JST connectors I've seen use Green, Yellow, Red and Black.· Does anyone know how the White, Blue, Red, Black scheme translates to the GYRB?·

Any help would be appreciated, since I think this is the reason why I can't the IR to work.

Stan

Comments

• allanlane5allanlane5 Posts: 3,815
    edited 2005-04-04 18:52
    OK, I'll bite: What's a "JST" connector?
  • gordianknotgordianknot Posts: 12
    edited 2005-04-04 20:13
    Thanks! Come on in the waters fine!

A JST (Japanese Solderless Terminal) is a mini connector that allows the Sharp GP2D02 to connect from the IR Sensor to the breadboard.· The connector has a 4 pin head which are crimped onto white,red,black and blue wires.· The head goes into the Sensor the wires inserted into breadboard.

Stan
  • allanlane5allanlane5 Posts: 3,815
    edited 2005-04-04 20:23
    Ah, are these compatible with 'molex' pin connectors? That usually consists of a rectangular connector which mates with a set of square pins on 0.1" centers sticking up from a board -- also known as "Servo Connectors". Are the JST connectors keyed in any way? The molex typically are not.

It matters more what the order of the pins are than the colors, I believe, but it would be nice if you knew what the mapping really was.