Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Paged memory: "EEPROM full" error — Parallax Forums

Paged memory: "EEPROM full" error

Jim S.Jim S. Posts: 13
edited 2005-04-09 15:56 in BASIC Stamp
I'm a new user.
I am trying to run a program beyond its 2k boundary with a BS2p.· I invoked the RUN commands by·insrting a "RUN 0" and a·"RUN 1" in program, but when I do a Syntax Check (or a RUN download command), I get a "EEPROM full" error.

What am doing wrong?

Thanks,
Jim S.

Comments

• kb2hapkb2hap Posts: 218
    edited 2005-03-30 20:14
    In your main program you have to, after your stamp directive put the names of the programs in the other slots.
    $stamp bs2p, run1.bsp,run2.bsp
    open a new program window and call it run2.bsp
    you are going to have to setup any needed variables and contstants over again because tecnically its another program.
    remember also you can pass valuse between the 2 with put and get using the sram.
    in program1 you'll have to setup a goto program 2 and visa vera so it seems as though its one
    its explained well in the help file as well as the stamp manual
    if have have confused you or if you need other help post again
    I can post a sample program that I have made for an example when I get get home if you need it. I'm using 4 banks in mine

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    DTQ
  • Jim S.Jim S. Posts: 13
    edited 2005-03-30 21:47
    Thanks DTQ.· I am still struggling thru it.· I also tried the command lines·in the manual (pgs 270-271), and my RUN2 program complied ok, but RUN1 still gets error in the··' {$STAMP BS2p, RUN2.bsp}··line:· (expected "}"....

I·appreciate your offer for sample program.· You may post it or email direct to jims99@ureach.com

Jim S.
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2005-03-30 21:47
    ·· If you declare all of your variables from one bank in another, in the same order, you can use them without problems.· They will remain intact.· Check your memory map...You're probably full still.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
  • kb2hapkb2hap Posts: 218
    edited 2005-03-30 23:33
    this you would place in prog1.bsp(you only need to put this in your main prog)

{$STAMP BS2p, prog2.bsp, prog3.bsp, prog4.bsp }

you could then write prog2.bsp...prog3.bsp...prog4.bsp
    as seperate programs(open new code windows)

the stamp editor will then associate pro2.bsp,prog3.bsp,and prog4.bsp with
    prog1.bsp

within the programs you would still have to put the neccessary code to jump to the other pages, like:
    if data=1 then run1
    ·it will then jump to page 1 (which would be prog2.bsp, page 0 is your main code)

in prog2.bsp you would have to make the jump back to page 0 or to page whatever depending on how large you make it.

if exit=true then run0

each new window you would pretty much treat similar to a new program
    ' {$STAMP BS2p}
    ' {$PBASIC 2.5}

*variables*

*constants*

*code*

when you download it to the stamp you should it download to each modified program(page)

and like chris said is you are using all of the same variables you can just redeclare them in exact order on all of your following pages.

if you decide you want to change some or add new ones you might want to try passing them using the scratchpad ram (PUT,GET)
    its very easy to use.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    DTQ
    edited 2005-03-31 21:40
    Thanks all for your input. I'm away for a week, so have'nt had time to try. Will advise next week if I get it to work.

Jim S.
    edited 2005-04-09 14:52
    DTQ and Chris,

Thank you so much.· Problem solved! (I mixed file extention names)
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2005-04-09 15:56
    Jim,

·· Happens to the best of us!· Take Care!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com