Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Darth Vader comes to the Boe-Bot — Parallax Forums

Darth Vader comes to the Boe-Bot

CaptainPhattyCaptainPhatty Posts: 3
edited 2005-03-31 12:10 in BASIC Stamp
As soon as I heard a tone from the Boe-Bot, I wanted it to play music. I thought it would be cool to have it do the Star Wars Death March, the code is attached if anyone wants it.

Also, if you are looking to make your own music, an awesome site to check out is www.fsref.com/Fatal/FE170500.SHTML, they have the frequencies for all the notes on this page. Just find the piano tabs for the music that you want and away you go [noparse]:)[/noparse]

Comments

• Buck RogersBuck Rogers Posts: 2,175
    edited 2005-03-30 16:22
    Hello!
    Excuse me? It is not Death March. Lord Vader's theme was called, "The Imperial March". As described on my special edition copy of The Empire Strikes Back. Also used in The Return of Jedi.

For Attack of the Clones, the melody shows up there, but its called The Republic Match, or a Flag full of Stars.

jumpin.gif

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Buck Rogers

www.gregg.levine.name
  • CaptainPhattyCaptainPhatty Posts: 3
    edited 2005-03-30 17:08
    Trekkies always mess things like that up [noparse]:)[/noparse]
  • Buck RogersBuck Rogers Posts: 2,175
    edited 2005-03-30 17:49
    Hello!
    The term is Trekker. You do not want to be a Trekkie.· They are not normal people. But your on your way to getting my point.

hop.gif·jumpin.giffreaked.gif

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Buck Rogers

www.gregg.levine.name
  • Ben DamonBen Damon Posts: 42
    edited 2005-03-30 22:26
    what kind of speaker would be best for playing this? I can make out the tune with the piezo, but it sounds odd.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Ben Damon

And may God Bless America!
  • CaptainPhattyCaptainPhatty Posts: 3
    edited 2005-03-31 12:10
    I used the piezospeaker as well. The one thing I did notice when coding the song was that I couldn't use the exact frequency for some of the high notes because it was just too high for the speaker and it would make aweful noises. Other than that I thought it sounded pretty close.

I was thinking of getting the Audio Amplifier Appmod for better sound, but this would be a later project. I haven't even coded mine to move yet [noparse]:)[/noparse]