Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
BlueTooth or RF_Transceiver — Parallax Forums

BlueTooth or RF_Transceiver

lveralvera Posts: 2
edited 2005-03-28 19:05 in Robotics

I need confirmation I relate to if works good the communication among a homebot with bluetooth and a PC also with bluetooth ( it happens to me that the adapter for computer can be bought in another supplier ), otherwise I can not shop.

My problem is the following, we want to implement the monitoring system and robocup's control for comprehensive view, that is i see the playing field with camera and a server dispatch orders to each robot player according to any game strategy. There must be a communication mechanism among this server and each robot For it,¿As possible pannier to implement? ¿RF or BlueTooth?

Luis Vera

Comments

• Paul BakerPaul Baker Posts: 6,351
    edited 2005-03-28 19:05
    Ok, it seems as though English is either a second language for you, or you are using a computer translator to write the English for you. So I will try to say things in proper English so you can understand my answer.

You can communicate·between multiple devices using Bluetooth or any RF system. Some RF systems incorporate an address in the protocol to allow communication with a specific device. Even if the RF system you choose does not directly support this, you can dedicate a portion of the data as the address. You then assign each device a unique number for its address. Only when the address in the data matches the device's address, does it process the rest of the data.

I hope this is clear enough for you. If you tell me your native language, I can use online translation tools to help me choose words that will easily translate into your language.