Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
RF learning remote question — Parallax Forums

RF learning remote question

Attila KovacsAttila Kovacs Posts: 4
edited 2005-03-25 18:47 in BASIC Stamp
Dear All,

I am a newbee on BS2 programing.
I want to develop a learning 433.92MHz remote controller to integrate some different fobs (same freq. but different protocols) into one .

Can anybody help me with some sample project or experience on logging and retrieving high-frequency serial data flows.

Thx for any kind of help.

Attila

Comments

• allanlane5allanlane5 Posts: 3,815
    edited 2005-03-25 15:24
    You might look at some of the IR-Remote projects -- they do similar things with protocols, I believe. I've never seen the protocol description for 433.92 Mhz remotes myself...
  • Beau SchwabeBeau Schwabe Posts: 6,557
    edited 2005-03-25 15:35
    Attila,

Years ago I saw something in a Nuts and Volts column on how to do this with a PIC16F84. I seem to remember that they
    used a transceiver module made by company "X" that conditioned the signal to a point that it could send or receive a
    standard RS232 signal thus I would think a BS2 could handle it just fine. I will see if I can locate the article this weekend.

Parallax,

I thought that you had a 433MHz module, but I could not find it on your rf module page

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Beau Schwabe - Mask Designer III

National Semiconductor Corporation
    Latest Company News
    (Communication Interface Division)
    500 Pinnacle Court, Suite 525
    Mail Stop GA1
    Norcross,GA 30071
  • Attila KovacsAttila Kovacs Posts: 4
    edited 2005-03-25 18:47
    Beau,

Thanks for your help.·I've studied some often used decoders in RF remote contollers. There are big differences in protocols.

That is the reason, I try to sample (and store) signal flow from RF modul (Telecontrolli) without any decoding.

Retriving stored data flow through RF transmitter can work as an "encoder"

Questions:
    - What is the best way to catch and store·pulses in width of 30-70us?
    - How can be kept them in correct timing after retrieving (time difference between read and write EEPROM)?

Any suggestions or sample projects are welcome.

Thanks for all.
    Have a nice day,

A.