Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
I need some help — Parallax Forums

I need some help

robo duderobo dude Posts: 1
edited 2005-06-15 04:26 in Robotics
I have a bs2 and I have 3 speed controlers and 2 servos that I have to control 2 of the speed controlers drive me bot and I need some help in how to make them run at the same speed as well as start at the same time there are alot of details for me to work out in the next week I go to a state·event with·the bot·in a week and I need the help thanks

Comments

• JED1JED1 Posts: 17
    edited 2005-06-15 04:26
    All Servo's running speeds and pulse settings that cause that speed will vary with every servo even of the same make. What you want to do is calibrate them
    You need to determine what pulse value on each causes the same speed. Unfortunately they are not linear either so you will need to address that by
    making multiple measurements and plot them out. Once you have that you can make a lookup table to drive each at the required speed. On the Parallax
    web site get the application notes for their wheel encoder this has a very nice write up that can help you.

Starting and stopping is under your S/W control if they aren't doing that you probably have a coding issue to deal with.