Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
DC Motor Ramp up command does not function correctly — Parallax Forums

DC Motor Ramp up command does not function correctly

StevenSteven Posts: 7
edited 2005-03-23 16:56 in BASIC Stamp
I am having a issue with my programming. I am using the below program to run my robot, but it does not respond correctly. Our decoder from the Radio Receiver(RF control) is giving·0 volts or·Logic·0 when a required action is to take place. Otherwise any of the other three output from the decoder will be giving a will be giving a 5volt or Logic 1 output. Only one signal is ever going to be giving a Logic 0 pulse at one time. There will never be more than one of the four output giving a logic 0. Here is the code for a forward·ramp-up command that I have been trying to use. Our motors are 24 volt DC, and we are also using a H-Bridge that will transform our Basic Stamp pulsout commands to PWM. Here is the code:

attachment.php?attachmentid=74024
780 x 741 - 7K

Comments

• BeanBean Posts: 8,129
    edited 2005-03-23 15:28
    You don't have a GOTO after the line "IF IN3 = 0 THEN forwardloop" therefore the code will simply continue on to the forwardloop regardless of the state of IN3.
    Bean.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    "SX-Video Display Module" Available Now.

www.sxvm.com

"A problem well defined, is a problem·half solved."
    ·
  • StevenSteven Posts: 7
    edited 2005-03-23 15:57
    Do I still need to put a pull up resistor in parallel from the signal from the decoder to the input pin of the basic stamp, similar to when you put a pull up resistor in parallel to the input when using whiskers on the boe bot?

Steve
  • Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2005-03-23 16:24
    Steven,

A schematic and meaningful variable names in your program would go a very long way in helping others help you....

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax
    Dallas, TX· USA
  • StevenSteven Posts: 7
    edited 2005-03-23 16:56
    Here is a quick drawing of what I am talking about. If you see where the pull-up resistor is, thenyou will know what I am tlaking about. When I used the Whiskers with the boe-bot, we were required to use a pull up resistor to ensure that there is a logical 0 when you want something to happen.

Thanks

Steve