Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Program too big for Basic Stamp 2, newbie looking for upgrade — Parallax Forums

Program too big for Basic Stamp 2, newbie looking for upgrade

edited 2005-03-14 19:28 in BASIC Stamp
Hello all,
I have had the Boe-bot for a month, and I'm working on my first project - a balancing, remote-controlled (hopefully) bot. While working on an intermediate program, I noticed that the BS2 has very little variable space (32 B) and no other way to store a table as far as I could tell. I'm looking for an upgrade, and the BS2-p and -sx look promising, but I can't tell whether they are compatible with the Board of Education.
On a side note, anybody know an easy way to do R/C? I have a very tight schedule for this (1 month to the day) because I'm doing it for my 8th-grade independent project, so if I can spend maybe an hour or less on the R/C, so much the better.

Thanks!

Comments

• Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2005-03-14 19:20
    You can use any BS2-family module in your BOE.

What are you wanting to do vis-a-vis R/C? We have radio products, you could attach a game joystick (common application) ... there are lots of possibilities. You must define your goal a little more clearly before you set out to achieve it.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax
    Dallas, TX· USA
  • edited 2005-03-14 19:28
    Thanks Jon. As the R/C goes, I am trying to add in a game controller, but even though I haven't started that part yet, I see difficulty keeping the Boe upright while controlling it. Of course, I'm not really used to just how fast the signals get sent. Thanks for the lead on R/C products.