Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
New Guy Needs Help — Parallax Forums

New Guy Needs Help

EndlessCustomsEndlessCustoms Posts: 3
edited 2005-03-10 05:39 in BASIC Stamp
Hey,
···· Aight i need help i want to make a data logger for my buddies race car he wants to be able to record engine rpm and wheel speed· can anybody give me some help on the parts i need or circuits i need to build and code please somebody help· thanks

Comments

• Paul BakerPaul Baker Posts: 6,351
    edited 2005-03-10 00:49
  • EndlessCustomsEndlessCustoms Posts: 3
    edited 2005-03-10 01:44
    ok well the distributor sends a signal to his tach is there any way to hook that up to the stamp i asked someone from parallax and they told me it would have to be set up with an external circuit being fed into a pwmpal what kind of sensor could i use for wheel speed thanks
    edited 2005-03-10 02:56
    if your going to snag the signal thats going to the tach, why not do the same for the spedometer?
  • EndlessCustomsEndlessCustoms Posts: 3
    edited 2005-03-10 03:21
    there is no speed sensor· do you have any idea how i could hook the tach signal to the stamp· i have a homework board· or could i just hook it up to one of the i/o pins· using the pulsin command· im kinda new at this i went through "what is a microcontroller"· so i still have alot of questions
    edited 2005-03-10 05:39
    My understanding of an engine's electrical system is very minimal, perhaps Suzuki Phil can assist you with this.
    This site talks abit about the electrical system for his auto: http://www.swedishbricks.net/700900FAQ/Electrical-Ignition1.html·I do not know if this is standard or applies to your friend's car

Post Edited (Paul Baker) : 3/10/2005 5:47:27 AM GMT