Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
What exactly do I need for streaming video? — Parallax Forums

What exactly do I need for streaming video?

SupermanSuperman Posts: 4
edited 2005-03-09 19:33 in BASIC Stamp
I want to use the boe-bot cam with my robot to transmit video between it and a stamp attached to my PC. Whats everything I need to do this? Right now I have:
2 transceivers
2 bs2's
1 boebot cam

Comments

• JonbJonb Posts: 146
    edited 2005-03-09 18:45
    Stamps might not be able to analyse video, this has been discussed. Although the SX as in sx-key is able to do very powerful things if I can re-orient your attention. If you simply wish to transmit video, you will require a transmitter for that.
  • SupermanSuperman Posts: 4
    edited 2005-03-09 18:56
    well where can i get a video transmitter then? How would I transmit the video to my pc?
  • steve_bsteve_b Posts: 1,563
    edited 2005-03-09 18:58
    Google is your friend!!

Go to Radio shack....go to a "spy" store or surveillance company....

The stamps and SX's are great for controlling things...they're not like a DSP that would let you work video....but they could control the camera and motors quite nicely!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    ·

Steve
    http://ca.geocities.com/steve.brady@rogers.com/index.html
    "Inside each and every one of us is our one, true authentic swing. Something we was born with. Something that's ours and ours alone. Something that can't be learned... something that's got to be remembered."
    edited 2005-03-09 19:01
    So I cant use the camera to send the raw video data to the basic stamp which sends it to another basic stamp attached to my computer which transmits it into the pc which processes the video data and displays it? Does parallax not sell video transmitters?
  • Paul BakerPaul Baker Posts: 6,351
    edited 2005-03-09 19:06
    Video bandwidth data processing is _way_ outside what a stamp can do. An SX can handle NTSC television, even color NTSC, but you're limited to how often you can change the color. Why do you want to use a stamp when all your doing is relaying the data?

Honestly, if your camera is outputing in a format you can plug into the video in of a television, get a video transmitter/receiver and a TV card for your computer. I have a couple and they work fine if the card your plugging into is sufficiently tolerant of the signal it recieves, one set I have to feed through my VCR before sending it to the computer because the video is too fast and loose with the timings, but the VCR cleans it up to where the TV card reads it just fine.

Post Edited (Paul Baker) : 3/9/2005 7:12:14 PM GMT
  • kb2hapkb2hap Posts: 218
    edited 2005-03-09 19:23
    why dont you get a wireless ethernet camera and hook it up to you home wireless ethernet (if you have one)(if not its fairly inexpensive)

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    DTQ
    edited 2005-03-09 19:33
    I think I'll do that, kb2hap. Any reccomendations?